Global media-based water filter market was valued USD12.60 billion in 2019 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.68% to reach USD18.12 billion by 2025. Anticipated growth in the market can be attributed to increasing penetration of water purification systems in industrial and commercial sectors and growing population worldwide. Increased industrial and commercial activities are deteriorating the quality of water which in turn is driving the demand for basic filters such as media-based water filter through 2025. High penetration of low-cost water purifiers coupled with increasing installation of desalination plants across the globe are some other key factors that are expected to boost the demand for media-based water filters in the coming years. Moreover, rising demand for combination technology water purification systems is expected to propel the sales of media-based water filters, globally, during the forecast period.
The global media-based water filter market is segmented based on type, end use industry, sales channel and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized into activated carbon filters, sand filters, sediment filters, and others. Out of which, activated carbon filter segment led the market in 2019 with share of 42.40%. An activated carbon filter can remove volatile organic compounds, cysts, lead and pesticides from water which is contributing to the increased share of the segment. Moreover, rising demand for water purification systems employed with activated carbon filters is further expected to increase the sale of media-based water filters during the forecast period. Increasing demand for combination water purification technologies such as ultraviolet, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration and microfiltration also fuels the global media-based water filters market. Growing number of deaths due to waterborne diseases, mainly in rural communities, is resulting in higher awareness among the customers regarding the benefits of media-based water filters.
The major players operating in the global media-based water filter market are 3M Company, The Clorox Company, Xylem Inc., Pentair Plc, Culligan International Company, BWT Aktiengesellschaft (BWT AG), Exelon Filtration, LLC, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Paragon AG, Katadyn Products Inc and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products to stay competitive in the market.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth in the market size of the global media-based water filter market from 2015 to 2019.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of the global media-based water filter market from 2010 to 2025 and growth rate until 2025.
- To classify and forecast the global media-based water filter market based on type, end use industry, sales channel, company and regional distribution.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the global media-based water filter market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global media-based water filter market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the global media-based water filter market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the global media-based water filter market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global media-based water filter market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in the global media-based water filter market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the hospitals/clinics which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the products and presence of all major players across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of global Media-based Water Filter market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these services and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Media-based water filter manufacturers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to media-based water filter
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, the global media-based water filter market has been segmented into the following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Global Media-based Water Filter Market, By Type:
o Activated Carbon
o Sand Filter
o Sediment Filter
- Global Media-based Water Filter Market, By Sales Channel:
- Global Media-based Water Filter Market, By End Use Industry:
o Municipal & Residential
- Global Media-based Water Filter Market, By Region:
o North America
? United States
? United Kingdom
? South Korea
o Middle East & Africa
? South Africa
? Saudi Arabia
o South America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the global media-based water filter market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).