The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Edge computing is revolutionizing information technology and its military applications by bringing computation and data storage closer to the source where data is generated. That process reduces latency and increases the speed at which data are processed closer to the end-user, allowing near real-time decision-making. With that capacity available, a military force can increase its momentum of operations, thus overwhelming its opponents.Market Forecast’s latest report “Global Edge Computing for Defense and Aerospace - Market and Technology Forecast to 2029” examines, analyzes, and predicts the evolution of edge computing technologies, markets, and outlays (expenditures) up to 2029. It also examines the edge computing for defense & aerospace markets geographically, focusing on the top 95% of global markets, namely those in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
In this report we have classified edge computing under five (5) major groups. We will research these five major groups and also provide forecast figures throughout 2029.
These major groups are:1. Region: The regions discussed in this report are:
- Middle East
2. Technology: The technologies that are of utmost importance to this industry are:
- Multi-Access Edge Computing
- Fog Computing
- Micro Data Centers
- Cloud of Things
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
- 5G and WiFi-6 technology
3. Component – We have researched three major components and have further subdivided these three major components:
- Hardware –Weapon Sensors
- Hardware – Connectivity Hardware
- Hardware – Mini Computing Hardware
- Hardware – Gateways
- Hardware – Microchips
- Devices – Smartphones
- Devices – Wearables
- Robotics – Industrial Robots
- Robotics - Autonomous Systems
- Unmanned Sysetms
- Service – 5G Wireless technology
- Service – Internet of Things
- Service – Connected Battlefield Signals Intelligence
- Service – Edge Video Analytics
- Service – Custom AI/Deep Learning
4. Application – The important edge computing related application that we have researched are:
- Sensors, fusion and distribution
- Network Architecture
- Guidance & Control of Weapons
- Mission Management
- Data Link
- Cyber Security
5. Platform: We reflect upon the three (3) major platforms that will use edge computing:
- Ground-based platform
- Air-based platform
- Sea-based platform
6. End User: The three (3) major users of end computing for defense and aerospace are:
- Air Force
In particular, this report provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Overview: Snapshot of the Edge Computing for Defense & Aerospace market during 2021-2029, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments. It also sheds light on the emergence of new technologies
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the edge computing market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the various systems market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the systems market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis: Key Edge Computing for Defense & Aerospace markets: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the various Systems segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of this industry. It provides an overview of key companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Global Edge Computing for Defense & Aerospace market over the next eight years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different systems segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global small sat business, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the ministries of different countries within the Edge Computing for Defense & Aerospace market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top systems providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available