Egypt Cigarettes 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Egyptian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Egyptian cigarette market had, until recently, been experiencing strong growth, assisted by a policy of price maintenance, a relatively buoyant economy, and population expansion. However, between 2011 and 2012 the market suffered falls in volumes, with tax-led price increases a major factor forcing many to opt for non-duty paid sales, which had not been a problem previously. Contraband has grown in the last few years to become a major problem. The Eastern Company is the only domestic manufacturer of cigarettes, enjoying a virtual monopoly over sales with its own range and foreign brands.
- Filter-tipped cigarettes dominate the market, accounting for virtually 100% of sales, these being mostly local or American blend lines.
- BAT is the only other player of note, although it has a much smaller share. Eastern’s Cleopatra is by far the most important brand family, and Eastern has recently added new Cleopatra lines such as Wings Florid and Black to its portfolio.
- Smoking remains popular despite escalating prices. Increasing numbers of women and younger people are taking up the habit.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.