This study encompasses PVD technologies and materials regarding application, properties and processes. BCC Research analyzes the major types of PVD systems and materials used to manufacture products in various end-use industries. Applications are discussed, as are properties imparted by PVD. Trends in demand also are reviewed, and their impacts on PVD are assessed.
Market drivers within each industry are identified. Materials deposited by PVD are analyzed according to basic functions (e.g., wear resistance, abrasion and corrosion resistance, conductivity, and barrier protection). Technological issues and trends are reviewed, and other influential factors such as economic conditions and standards are discussed. Because this is a global study, BCC Research analyzes domestic and international technological issues and economic considerations.
Revenue forecasts from 2019 to 2025 are given for each major type of PVD equipment, end-user and regional market.
This updated report includes the impact of COVID-19 on the end-user base of PVD, which can be seen in the global as well as regional market analysis.
- 35 data tables and 56 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Details of PVD technology, its various techniques, and description of advantages and limitations; and coverage of technological advancements within the industry
- Information on PVD vs. other types of deposition equipment used in microelectronics and discussion on current and future markets for this deposition process
- Detailed analysis of COVID-19 impact on the growth of global PVD market and assessment of market size and forecast
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major players of the industry, including Applied Materials Inc., KDF Electronics, Lam Research Corp., Semicore Equipment Inc., ULVAC Technologies Inc., and Veeco Instruments Inc.