Hotels and Motels Global Industry Guide 2016-2025
Global Hotels & Motels industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
- The hotels & motels industry consists of establishments that provide paid lodging and full guest services, typically with a continuous staff presence. In the case of motels, this includes off-street parking facilities, but not necessarily meal services. The industry is detailed in both value and volume terms.
- Industry value consists of the total revenue generated by (a) rent that a guest pays for an occupied room and (b) other revenues, including revenue from food and beverages, telecommunications, health and leisure operations, and car rentals.
- Industry volume consists of the number of establishments in a given country that provide paid lodging and full guest services.
- Any currency conversions included within this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- Covid-19: Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries. Generally however, industries which involves intensive manual labor and face to face interaction, like hotels & motels, seem to be hit the most by present situation.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in September 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental’ aid involved.
- Majority of buisnesses in the hotel & motel industry will see a massive decline in demand volume for the goods and services. Usually the lower demand would cause the decrease the prices level. However, amid many governments’ ordered for many industries to lock down and so the supply chain is distorted that in great pictures mitigate the results of lower demand.
- The global hotels & motels industry is forecast to generate total revenues of $692.5bn in 2020, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3% between 2016 and 2020.
- The number of establishments is expected to decrease at a CARC of -1.1% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 340,660 establishments in 2020.
- COVID-19 will have a devastating effect on the global hotels and motels industry which is expected to decline by -26.8% in 2020.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global hotels & motels industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global hotels & motels industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key hotels & motels industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global hotels & motels industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global hotels & motels industry by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global hotels & motels industry in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global hotels & motels industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global hotels & motels industry?