According to this study, the starch derivatives market is estimated to be valued at USD 50.9 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 61.5 billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of 3.9 %, in terms of value. The market is primarily driven by factors such as increasing consumption of processed food and convenience food. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing regional market. Asian countries, especially China, have emerged as leading destinations, as major companies are investing in these countries. One of the major restraints in the growth of the starch derivatives market is the rising costs of raw materials and high research and development costs involved in extraction of starch.
“By application, the food & beverages segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
Based on application, the food & beverages segment is expected to be the fastest-growing during the forecast period. This segment is rapidly growing, mainly due to the increasing demand for convenience food, in which starch derivatives are considered as food additives. In food applications, the starch derivatives are used for their functional applications, as fat replacers, texture improvers, nutritional products, high shear ability, and temperature stability.
“By form, the liquid form is estimated to account for the largest share.”
The liquid form of the starch derivatives is dominating the market. The liquid form of the starch derivatives is quite popular among the manufacturers. Glucose syrup is available in liquid form and is used by many industrial manufacturers because pf the functional properties associated with it. It is used in numerous food & beverage applications such as candy, beer, fondant, and certain canned and premade baked goods.
“The Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for the period considered for this study, due to increase in demand for convenience & processed food, along with the growing industrial base, leading to increased demand for starch derivatives in the region. In addition, the growing industrial applications, starch processing technologies, and ready availability of starch derivatives drive the market in Asia Pacific countries.
The starch derivatives market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region. These regions include Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and RoW (Middle East and Africa).
Break-up of Primaries
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 25% and Tier 3 – 40%
- By Designation: Manager- 40%, CXOs– 35%, and Executives – 25%
- By Region: Asia Pacific - 45%, North America- 15%, Europe - 30%, and Middle East & Africa - 10%
Leading players profiled in this report include the following:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (US)
- Cargill (US)
- Ingredion (US)
- Tate & Lyle (UK)
- Roquette Fr?res (France)
- Grain Processing Corporation (US)
- Global Sweeteners Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong)
- AGRANA (Austria)
- Gulshan Polyols (India)
- Fooding Company Limited (China)
- Foodchem International Corporation (China)
- Tereos (France)
- Molinos Juan Semino SA (Argentina)
- JP & SB International (Spain)
- Gujarat Ambuja Export (India)
- ShreeGluco Biotech Private Ltd. (India)
- Varun Industries (India)
- Shubham Starch Chem Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Matsutani Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Sanstar Bio-Polymers Ltd. (India)
- Jay Sardar Starch & Gum Consultant (India)
- B Food Science Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Tirupati Starch & Chemicals Ltd. (India)
- Sinofi Ingredients (China)
- Nagase & Co., Ltd. (Japan)
This report segments the starch derivatives market on the basis of type, raw material, application, form and region. In terms of insights, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses?competitive landscape, pricing insights, end-use analysis, and company profiles?which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the starch derivatives market, high-growth regions, countries, industry trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
Reasons To Buy this report
- To get a comprehensive overview of the starch derivatives market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolio details, and the key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions, in which the starch derivatives market is flourishing