The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global carbon capture, utilization, and storage market size is expected to grow from USD 467 million in 2020 to USD 787 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 11.0% during the forecast period. Metal matrix composite is extensively used in automotive & transportation, electrical & electronics, aerospace & defense, industrial, and various other sectors. Increasing usage of metal matrix composite to manufacture lightweight vehicle componenst in the automotive & transportation industry is laying a key role behind the growth of MMC market.
“Powder metallurgy production technology to dominate the market in terms of value.”
The powder metallurgy segment holds the majority of the share in the MMC market. The powder metallurgy technology is widely used for MMC production as it gives products having superior properties and modest cost, and the process is commercially available. Compatibility with various materials and the increasing demand for powder metallurgically produced MMC products from industries such as aerospace and ground transportations are expected to drive the global MMC market in powder metallurgy production technology
“Super Alloys is the fastest-growing matrix type in the market in terms of value.”
Super alloys MMC is the fastest-growing segment in the market in terms of matrix type. Super alloy metals provide resistance against heat and wear. They have a melting point above 3,632?F and possess high strength. These MMCs possess properties such as high strength at elevated temperature, high resistance to thermal shock, and good electrical and heat-conducting properties. Owing to their hardness at elevated temperatures and wear resistance, refractory MMCs are used in various industrial tools.
“Discontinuous reinforcement held the major market in terms of value.”
Discontinuous reinforcements holds the major share in the global MMC market owing to increased usage of short fibers and whiskers. The discontinuous reinforcement MMC offers benefits such as a higher production rate than continuous MMC. Discontinuous MMCs can be produced by various production techniques such as powder metallurgy, low-pressure infiltration, squeeze casting, and spray depositions.
“Silicon Carbide is the largest segment in the global metal matrix composite market in the reinforcement material segment.”
Silicon Carbide is the most widely used type of reinforcement material in the globalMMC market owing to high demand from the electrical & electronics, automotive, and others sectors. SiC reinforcement increases the tensile strength, hardness, density, and wear resistance of MMC. The particle distribution plays a vital role in the properties of the Al MMC and is improved by intensive shearing. SiC is the most preferred reinforcement material in MMC as it is used with various matrix systems such as aluminum, magnesium, and copper.
“North America is the fastest-growing metal matrix composite, in terms of volume.”
North America is the largest MMC market due to its rising demand from aircraft manufacturers and space component manufacturers in the US and Canada. The growing need to produce lightweight vehicles by using metal matrix composites in order to enhance fuel efficiency is further contributing to the growth of the market. Morevre, the company has the presence of major MMC manufacturers, including MAterion Corporation, 3M, and CPS Technologies Corporation, to name a few.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following three categories:
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 40%, Tier 2- 33%, and Tier 3- 27%
- By Designation- C Level- 50%, Director Level- 20%, and Others- 30%
- By Region- North America- 20%, Europe- 50%, APAC- 15%, Latin America-5%, MEA-10%,
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of company profiles listed below:
- Materion Corporation (US)
- CPS Technologies Corporation (US)
- GKN Sinter Metals (US)
- 3M (US)
- Deutsche Edelstaslwerke GmbH (Germany)
- Metal Matrix Cast Composites, LLC (US)
- Plansee SE (Austria)
- CeramTec (Germany)
- Sandvik AB (Sweden)
- Ferrotec Corporation (US)
This report covers the global metal matrix composite and forecasts the market size until 2024. The report includes the market segmentation – by Matrix Type (Aluminum MMC, Magnesium MMC, Copper MMC, Super Alloys MMC), Reinforcement Type (Continuous, Discontinuous, and Particles), Production Technology (Liquid Metal Infiltration, Powder Metallurgy, Casting, and Deposition Techniques), Reinforcement Material (Silicn Carbide, Carbon Fiber, Alumina, and Others, End-Use Industry (Automotive & Transportation, Electrical & Electronics, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, and Others, and Region (Europe, North America, APAC, Latin America, and MEA). Porter’s Five Forces analysis, along with the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges, are discussed in the report. It also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major players in the global metal matrix composite
Key benefits of buying the report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the global metal matrix composite market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall market and the sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the metal matrix composite and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand competitors better and gain more insights to better their position in their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem and expansion.
Reasons To Buy the report:
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them with the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall metal matrix composite and the sub-segments.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights and position their businesses and market strategies in a better way.
- The report will also help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.