The global epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor size was $2.65 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $7.27 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2020 to 2027. A compound semiconductor epitaxial wafer is made up of epitaxial growth (epitaxy) to be used in photonics, microelectronics, spintronics, and photovoltaic, among others. The epitaxial layers define the wireless, photonic, and electronic performance of compound semiconductor epitaxial wafers which are then processed to produce the chips and ICs, which can be found in various technology devices and gadgets.
Factors such as advantage of compound semiconductor wafers over silicon-based wafers, increasing demand for compound semiconductor epitaxial wafer in consumer electronics, and emerging trends toward wafers in automotive industry are major factors driving the epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor growth to a certain extent. However, increase in cost of wafer manufacturing is expected to pose a major threat to the epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor globally. However, emerging usage of compound semiconductors in smart technologies and increasing popularity of IoT in wafers are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the market growth globally.
The global epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor is segmented into application, end use, and region. On the basis of application, the epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor is analyzed across CS power electronics, CS RF/Microwave, CS Photonics, CS Sensing and CS Quantum. By end user, the market is studies across digital economy, industrial and energy & power, defense/security, transport, consumer electronics, healthcare, and space. The industrial and energy & power segment accounted for the highest market share in 2019, whereas the digital economy segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027. By region the epitaxial wafer market for compound semiconductor trends are analyzed across U.S., UK, China, and rest of the world.
The key players operating in the market includes II-VI Incorporated, Cree Inc., Epistar Corporation, GLC Semiconductor Group, Intelligent Epitaxy Technology Inc., IQE PLC, Masimo Semiconductor, Nichia Corporation, SK Siltron Co., Ltd., and Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This study comprises analytical depiction of the global epitaxial wafer market size for compound semiconductor along with the current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
- The overall epitaxial wafer market analysis for compound semiconductor is determined to understand the profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
- The current epitaxial wafer market forecast for compound semiconductor is quantitatively analyzed from 2019 to 2027 to benchmark the financial competency.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and the epitaxial wafer market share for compound semiconductor of key vendors.
Epitaxial Wafer Market For Compound Semiconductor Key Segments
- Compound Semiconductor Power Electronics
- Compound Semiconductor RF/Microwave
- Compound Semiconductor Photonics
- Compound Semiconductor Sensing
- Compound Semiconductor Quantum
By End Users
- Digital Economy
- Industrial and Energy & Power
- Consumer Electronics
- Rest of the World
Key Market Players
- II-VI Incorporated
- Cree Inc.
- Epistar Corporation
- GLC Semiconductor Group
- Intelligent Epitaxy Technology Inc.
- IQE PLC
- Masimo Semiconductor
- Nichia Corporation
- SK Siltron Co. Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.