The global silicone potting compounds market was valued at $931.2 million in 2019, and is projected to reach $1,247.2 million by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.0% from 2020 to 2027.
Potting is the process of filling an electronics assembly or component with solid compounds to protect them from the surrounding environment. Potting compounds are widely used to insulate electronic devices and protect them from moisture. Potting process can be performed either manually or by using automated meter-mix-dispense (MMD) equipment. Silicone, epoxy, polyurethane, and others are widely used as potting materials. Silicone polymers have a wide operating temperature range; exhibit excellent electrical properties, hardness range, good chemical, humidity, & water resistance, and offers ease-of-use.
The demand for silicone potting compounds is expected to increase in the near future, owing to the boom in the electronics industry. In addition, growing need to shield sensitive components from extreme environments used in end use industries such as automotive, computing, communications, and others is anticipated to fuel the market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for potting compounds is expected to increase further in the coming years on account of the associated benefits such as minimal shrinkage, high process efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
The global silicone potting compounds market is segmented on the basis of curing technique, application, end user, and geography. On the basis of curing technique, the market is classified into UV curing, thermal curing, and room temperature curing. The application areas of the this industry are surface mount packages, beam bonded components, memory devices & microprocessors, capacitors, transformers, cable joints, industrial magnets, solenoids, and others. The end users of the market are electronics, aerospace, automotive, industrial, and others. Based on region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the industry include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Dow Silicon Corporation, Novagard Solutions, LORD Corporation, ELANTAS GmbH, Master Bond Inc., MG Chemicals, and Dymax Corporation. These players have adopted product launch, acquisition, and business expansion as their key strategies to increase their market shares.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Transportation restrictions imposed because of COVID-19 outbreak lead to reduced factory output, and disturbed supply chains reduced significant percentage from global economic growth; thus, negatively affecting the market growth.
- Extended lockdown slowed down the production of silicon potting products due to limited resources and longer lead time to replenish raw materials.
- In addition, large dependency on Chinese exports for various silicon metals will further influence the market growth. For instance, China is the highest exporter of silicon and silica across the globe, and limited production in China increased the supply demand gap and material price.
- Furthermore, due to social distancing norms during COVID-19, manufacturing firms are working with limited workforce; thus, negatively impacting the production process.
- However, implementation of IOT and automation may reduce the need of labors wherever possible and increase operational efficiency. The automated packaging involving smart robots can reduce the workers on shop floors; thus, maintaining social distancing norms
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics of the global silicone potting compounds market.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments of the market is provided in the report for the period of 2019 to 2027.
- Competitive intelligence of leading manufacturers and distributors of silicone potting compounds assists in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrain the market growth is included in the study.
- Extensive analysis of the silicone potting compounds market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to get a competitive outlook of the industry.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- By Curing Technique
- ·UV Curing
- ·Thermal Curing
- ·Room Temperature Curing
- By Application
- ·Cable Joints
- ·Industrial Magnets
- ·Surface Mount Packages
- ·Beam Bonded Components
- ·Memory Devices & Microprocessors
- By End User
- By Geography
- ·North America
? Saudi Arabia
? South Africa