The global anti-viral coatings market size was valued at $0.5 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to generate $1.3 billion by 2027. The market is projected to experience growth at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2020 to 2027.
Anti-viral coatings contain agents that prevent microorganisms from growing on the surfaces of materials, and are increasingly being researched for potential use in clinics, industry and domestic environments. It is used in medical devices, constructions, and vehicles to help in preventing the microorganism growth on its surfaces. In hospitals, the use of smart anti-viral coatings is limited to surfaces, such as surgical tools, door knobs, windows, and others.
Anti-viral coatings have been proven to prolong the shelf-life of paint products. Their efficacy against virus and mold helps in minimizing the risk of premature product degradation. Anti-viral coatings are known to contain agents able to prevent the growth of microorganisms on the surfaces of materials and, although there is more research ongoing to assess how they could be used in public spaces, there are still major regulatory and technical challenges to be faced.
The anti-viral coatings market is segmented by type of coating, type of material, application, form and region. Based on type of coating, the market is categorized into high-performance coatings, nano coatings, and others. Depending on type of material, the market is further segmented into graphene, silver, silicon dioxide, copper, and others. Based on application, the market is divided into protective clothing, medical, air & water treatment, packaging, building & construction, and others. On basis of form, the market was classified into spray, powder, liquid, and others. Region-wise, anti-viral coatings market analysis is done across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The key players operating in the anti-viral coatings market are Arkema, Dais Corporation, Hydromer, Kobe Steel, Ltd., nano Care Deutschland AG, Nippon Paints, EnvisionSQ, Bio-Fence, Bio-Gate AG, and GrapheneCA. The players in the market have adopted several strategies to sustain the market competition.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the anti-viral coatings market from 2019 to 2027 to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict anti-viral coatings market growth is provided.
- The anti-viral coatings market forecast and estimations are based on factors impacting the market growth, in terms of value.
- Profiles of leading players operating in the anti-viral coatings market are provided to understand the global competitive scenario.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the significant segments and regions exhibiting favorable anti-viral coatings market share.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the forecast along with the current and future anti-viral coatings market trends.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Type of Coating
- High-Performance Coatings
- Nano Coatings
By Type of Material
- Silicon Dioxide
- Protective Clothing
- Air & Water Treatment
- Building & Construction
? North America
- ·Rest of Europe
- ·South Korea
- ·Rest of Asia-Pacific
- ·South Africa
- ·Saudi Arabia
- ·Rest of LAMEA
- ·Dais Corporation
- ·Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- ·nano Care Deutschland AG
- ·Nippon Paints
- ·Bio-Gate AG