Mammography Workstation Market Growth & Trends
The global mammography workstation market size is expected to reach USD 198.5 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 7.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising geriatric population and continuous technological advancements are the factors driving the market. Increasing government screening programs and the rising awareness about mammography are the factors expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Technological advancements in the field of mastography workstations and the advent of artificial intelligence and machine learning are transforming the market.
Furthermore, rising research and development activities and an increasing number of product launches are also aiding market growth. Many players in the industry are focusing on the development of next-generation mastography workstations to resolve the challenge of overlapping tissue structure by producing the 3D volume of the breast. Furthermore, increasing investment by government and private players in the field of advanced mastography are also creating new avenues for growth.
The incidence rate of breast cancer is continuing to increase both in developing and developed countries. The demand for mastography diagnostic screening has increased substantially. According to the WHO, 627,000 women died of cancer in 2018 globally, which accounted for approximately 15.0% of all cancer deaths. Thus, the above-mentioned factors are expected to boost the market growth.
Mammography Workstation Market Report Highlights
- North America captured the largest share in 2019 owing to technological advancement and the speedy FDA approval
- The multimodal segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to high usage in hospitals and breast care centers
- The diagnostic screening segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to increasing mastography screening tests
- The hospitals segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the rising number of breast screenings and the availability of advance devices in the hospitals
- The breast care centers segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace during the forecast period owing to increasing awareness about these centers
- Key players in the industry are focusing on the development of next-generation mammography workstation, which focuses on a wide area of radiology.