Hong Kong PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 30.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (25.4%) and transport, storage and communication (9.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to shrink by -3.1%, -4.27% and -5.5%, respectively, in 2020.
The major regions of Hong Kong are Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, where most of the economic activity and population is concentrated.
- Hong Kong’s government is expected to invest HK$1tn (US$127.6bn) over 2019-2028 to boost the city’s competitiveness.
- As per the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Hong Kong has declined over the last two years, with a fall in rank from ninth in 2016 to 12th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- The overall Hang Seng Index exhibited a downward trend over the past year. As of August 24, 2020, the Hang Seng index stood at 25,551.58 compared to 26,179.33 on August, 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.