The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“In terms of value, the membrane contactor market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% between 2020 and 2025.”
In terms of value, the membrane contactor market size is estimated to be USD 257 million in 2020 and projected to reach USD 340 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2020 to 2025. The increasing use of membrane contactors in degassing applications and their preference over other conventional equipment?such as vacuum towers and packed towers?have boosted their demand in recent years.
“Water & wastewater treatment segment estimated to lead membrane contactor market in 2020”
Based on application, the membrane contactor market has been classified into the food processing, pharmaceuticals processing, water & wastewater treatment, microelectronics & semiconductors, power & steam generation, oil & gas, and others segments. The water & wastewater treatment segment is estimated to account for the largest market share in 2020, owing to the increasing use of membrane contactors in industrial wastewater processing and municipal water treatment plants.
“Polypropylene segment is expected to account for the largest share of the membrane contactor market during the forecast period “
Based on membrane, the global membrane contactor market is segregated into polypropylene, polytetrafluoroethylene and others including membranes made of materials such as PMP, PFA, PVDF and composites. Among these, polypropylene segment accounted for the largest share. This is because membrane contactors commercialized under the brand Liqui-Cel by the 3M Company generally use polypropylene microporous hollow fiber membrane. These membrane contactors contain thousands of microporous polypropylene hollow fibers knitted into an array that is wound around a distribution tube. The hollow fibers are arranged in a uniform open packing, allowing greater flow capacity and utilization of the total membrane surface area.
“Europe is projected to be the largest consumer of membrane contactor market “
Based on region, the membrane contactor market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East & Africa, and South America. The market is witnessing steady growth, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share in 2019, with the market in this region also expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period. Rising population, growing industrialization, increasing awareness about water and wastewater treatment, and shift from chemical water treatment to physical water treatment have contributed to the high demand for membrane contactors in this region.
Breakdown of primary interviews for the report on the membrane contactor market
- By Company Type – Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 –45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation – C-Level – 20%, Director Level – 25% and Others – 55%
- By Region –Europe- 50%, North America – 20%, Asia Pacific– 15%, South America- 10%. Middle East & Africa – 5%
3M Company (U.S.) and Cobetter Filtration Equipment Pvt. Ltd. (China) are the commercial manufacturers of membrane contactors operating in the market. Whereas there is a large presence of system integrators / plant designers operating in the market with the presence of key players such as Romfil GmbH (Germany), JU.CLA.S Srl (Italy), Veolia Environnement SA (France), KH TEC GmbH (Germany), Hydro-Elektrik GmbH (Germany), Pure Water Group (Netherlands), and EUROWATER (Denmark), PTI Pacific Pty. Ltd. (Australia), Kv?rner ASA (Norway), Lenntech B.V.(Netherlands), Compact Membrane Systems (CMS) (US), and Euwa H. H. Eumann GmbH (Euwa) (Germany).
The report covers the membrane contactor market based on process, end-use industry, and region. This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the membrane contactor market across various segmentations. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
From an insight perspective, this report focuses on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the membrane contactor market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various processes (aerobic or anaerobic) in systems offered by top players operating in the membrane contactor market.
- Product Development/Innovation: A detailed insight into upcoming technologies for the manufacture of membrane contactor equipment, R&D activities, and new applications in various end-use industries in the market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for membrane contactor across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the membrane contactor market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the membrane contactor market.