The global docking station market grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. A docking station, or universal port replicator, refers to a device that connects portable computers with other devices. It enables a laptop user to convert it into a desktop computer and use it in a workspace setting or at their residence without requiring any additional cables. The user can directly connect their laptops to the docking station and connect external hardware devices, such as additional monitors, speakers and printers. These docking stations eliminate the need for supplementary dongles and adapters for connecting external displays, USB hubs and storage units.
Increasing digitization across industrial verticals represents one of the key factors positively impacting the market growth. Additionally, widespread adoption of portable electronics, such as smartphones, laptops and tablets, for personal and commercial use has further enhanced the requirement of docking stations to enable users to connect and power their devices conveniently. The rising trend of Bring-Your-Own-Devices (BYOD) is also driving the market growth. Organizations are encouraging employees to use their personal devices at work, thereby increasing the demand for docking stations to minimize the challenges associated with connectivity and multiple cables. Various technological advancements, such as the development of multi-functional stations that are equipped with additional charging, multiple monitors connectivity and high-speed data transfer capabilities, are also contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as the growing number of office spaces across developed and developing nations and rapid urbanization, are expected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Type:
- Laptop Docking Stations
- Smartphones and Tablets Docking Stations
- Hard Drive Docking Stations
Breakup by Technology:
- Wired Docks
- Wireless Docks
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Acco Brands Corporation, Acer Inc., Apple Inc., AsusTek Computer Inc.., Dell Technologies Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hp Inc., International Business Machines Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sony Corporation, StarTech.com Ltd., Targus International LLC and Toshiba Corporation.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global docking station market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global docking station market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global docking station market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?