The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market Growth & Trends
The global ultraviolet disinfection equipment market size is anticipated to reach USD 9.4 billion by 2027 registering a CAGR of 19.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising investments related to the expansion and up-gradation of various wastewater treatment facilities are expected to boost the product demand over the coming years.
Ultraviolet (UV) equipment is simple to install and requires low maintenance, supervision, or space. In addition, the equipment also provides improved safety, low operation costs, minimum service time, and no chemical residues or unpleasant aftertaste. Furthermore, it is relatively insensitive to pH and temperature differences compared, which is likely to drive the product demand.
The annual operating costs for these devices highly depend on the maintenance and replacement costs of sleeves, lamps, ballasts, and other staffing requirements. The product prices have decreased over the past few years on account of the improvement in lamp and system designs, which has increased the competition among manufacturers.
A large number of pharmaceutical companies depend on UV equipment for water disinfection as the water used in healthcare and pharmaceutical products must be free of chemicals like ozone, pathogens, and chlorine. In addition, it is used in the cosmetics industry due to the high demand for clean water, which does not contain toxins and microorganisms, to ensure increased product shelf life.
Ultraviolet Disinfection Equipment Market Report Highlights
- Mercury-based UV lamps are anticipated to account for the highest market share by 2027 as they are exclusively used in wastewater treatment plants and drinking water applications
- The municipal sector is projected to be the largest end-use segment from 2020 to 2027 as the product is eco-friendly, requires low contact time, and does not affect the oxygen levels
- The water & wastewater treatment plants is expected to witness maximum product demand over the forecast period as it does not leave any chemical residues and has a low carbon footprint
- The UV disinfection equipment market in the U.S. is expected to witness a CAGR of 18.5% owing to the inclusion of UV treatment technologies as emerging, which is expected to create opportunities for product manufacturers over the forecast period
- Key players in the market are focusing on regional expansion, acquisition, and product innovation to gain competitive advantage and develop a strong foothold in the industry