Telecommunication Services Global Industry Guide 2015-2024
Global Telecommunication Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The Telecommunication Services market is defined as the total volume and value of both the Fixed Line Telecommunications market and the Wireless Telecommunications market.The market volume here is defined as the total number of fixed-line telephones and mobile subscribers.
- The Fixed-Line Telecommunications market is valued as the revenues obtained by operators for voice telephony and other non-voice information transmission using fixed lines (wirelines), rather than wireless systems.Only revenues from end-users are included, with revenues from other operators, as in wholesale transactions, excluded.Market values represent revenues from both internet services and value-added services, and are segmented into ’voice’ and ’internet’ communications.Market volumes represent the number of fixed-line telephones.
- The wireless telecommunications services market is defined here as including cellular (mobile) phones, pagers, and any other wireless or cellular telecommunication service.Revenues are based on payments to operators of all of these services for subscriptions and usage.
- All currency conversions were carried out at constant 2019 average annual exchange rates.
- The global telecommunication services market had total revenues of $1,204.2bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% between 2015 and 2019.
- The wireless segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $764.8bn, equivalent to 58.4% of the market’s overall value.
- Even in markets where the penetration of mobile services is low and where mobile internet and 4G services are still expanding, operators have also engaged in price competition to stimulate adoption, thus reducing their revenues.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global telecommunication services market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global telecommunication services market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key telecommunication services market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global telecommunication services market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global telecommunication services market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global telecommunication services market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global telecommunication services market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global telecommunication services market?