The Europe facial recognition market is projected to register a CAGR of 14.19%, during the forecast years of 2019 to 2028. Key factors promoting the market growth include the European Union’s revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2), and the growing concentration on security and identification through government regulations and financial institutions.
The Europe facial recognition market growth is assessed across the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Russia, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and the rest of Europe. In Italy, Vision-Box introduced a biometric facial recognition and digital identity management pilot for the Rome Fiumicino Airport. The Seamless Flow One-ID six-month pilot was launched with the Italian Civil Aviation Authority, the ENAC, and the State police’s support, and catered to individuals flying from Rome to Amsterdam for a smoother passenger experience. With Fiumicino Airport being the first in Italy to introduce self-boarding checks and biometrics-oriented security, passengers choosing the mode of identification would largely benefit through an end-to-end self-service experience. The Italian airport also asserted that it processed nearly 43 million passengers, in 2018.
Similarly, e-Passport gates entail automated self-service barricades implemented by the Polizia di Frontiera, and are located at several immigration checkpoints in non-Schengen arrivals and departure halls. These barriers offer an alternative to desks employed by immigration officers, and are operational across selected Italian airports. Moreover, the gates use facial recognition technology to confirm and verify identities and corroborate it with the data stored in chips within their biometric passports. Thus, these factors are anticipated to fuel the market growth for facial recognition.
Distinguished companies in the market include, Cognitec Systems GmbH, 3M, Nuance Communications Inc, Animetrics Inc, Daon INc, etc.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments