India Organic Spices market was valued at around $ 200 million in FY 2020 and is forecast to grow at a heathy CAGR of 11% over the next five years predominantly due to increasing awareness regarding the harmful effects of chemicals, pesticides and additives. Other aspects like the changing trends in food consumption and the popularity of ethnic and exotic food are expected to accelerate growth in the coming years. Moreover, increasing consumer preference for ready-to-use spices to save time while cooking without losing the taste is also expected to fuel demand for spices in powdered form. Growing value of authentic flavors with a fusion of ethnic flavors will remain a key driving factor for market growth over coming years. Along with adding authentic taste and flavor to food, spices also have specific health benefits which will fuel the market in the coming years.
India organic spices market is segmented based on Type, By Form, By Distribution Channel, and By Region. Based on Type, the market is segmented into Basil, Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Cumin, Cinnamon, Chilli, Clove, Cardamom, and Others. Among these, Turmeric held the largest share because of its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic qualities and its use as a natural painkiller and healer. Also, it is believed to help in various health conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and joint pains.
Based on Form, the market into categorized into powdered form, whole form, minced form and others. Powdered form segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period as it is ready to cook and saves overall cooking time. Regionally, the country’s spices market is divided into North, East, South, and West. The western area dominated India’s organic spice market in 2019 due to the large production of spices in Rajasthan and Gujarat.
Major players operating in India Organic Spices market include Geo Fresh Organic, Carmel Organics, Live Organics, PDS Organic Spices, Pro Nature Organic Foods Pvt Ltd, McCormick India, Earthen Delight Agro Products Pvt. Ltd, Simply Organic, West India Spices Inc., Starwest Botanicals, The Spice Hunter, Yogi Botanicals, The Spice House, among others.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: FY2016 - FY2019
- Base Year: FY2020
- Estimated Year: FY2021
- Forecast Period: FY2022 - FY2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India Organic Spices market.
- To classify and forecast India Organic Spices market based on product type, company, and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India Organic Spices market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India Organic Spices market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for India Organic Spices market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India Organic Spices market.
Key Target Audience:
- Organic Spices manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to Organic Spices
- Market research and consulting firms
Market, By Type:
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India Organic Spices market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Others (Seeds)
- Convenience Store
- Others (Departmental Stores and Kirana Stores)