Global construction glass market is projected to reach $ 150 billion by 2025 to growing construction activities, increasing requirement for better infrastructure facilities, rising middle-class population and growing disposable income. Furthermore, construction glass has various properties & applications such as excellent insulation, high strength, soundproof, saves energy, and is fire-resistant. These properties make construction glass the most feasible option for the construction industry, which further drives the construction industry, globally. Moreover, rising population means need for construction of new buildings, and high disposable income has enabled end users to spend more on new construction, which is positively influencing the global construction glass market. Most importantly, the changing mindset of residential consumers is boosting demand for construction glass, globally.
The global construction glass market is segmented based on product type, application, manufacturing process, chemical composition, and region. Based on product type, the market is categorized into Special Glass and Low Emissivity Glass, with the former segment accounting for two-third of the market share in 2019. Dominance of Special Glass segment is expected to continue over the next five years as well.
Based on application, the market is categorized into residential and commercial segments. Out of these, the commercial category accounted for the majority share in the construction glass market and is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. UV protection and high resistance to chemicals and electricity offered by construction glass are the major factors contributing to the growing market trend, especially in the commercial segment. Moreover, construction glasses are least affected by environmental changes, which is likely to further boost their adoption in the coming years.
Regionally, APAC is expected to lead the market with the region account for a majority share in the global construction glass market in 2019. This trend is expected to continue due to growing investments in the region’s construction sector and demand for sustainable construction activities, especially in China, India and Japan.
Major players operating in the global construction glass market include AGC Inc. (Asahi Glass), Central Glass Co. Ltd., China Glass Holdings Limited, Guardian Industries, Nippon Sheet Glass (NSG), Saint-Gobain, Schott AG, Sisecam Group, Xinyi Glass Holdings Limited, Fuso Glass India Pvt. Ltd. and others. Key market players are adopting various competitive strategies such as new product development, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations to expand their geographic reach.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2015 - 2018
- Base Year: 2019
- Estimated Year: 2020
- Forecast Period: 2021 - 2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of Construction Glass Market, in terms of value and volume.
- To classify and forecast Global Construction Glass Market based on product type, application, manufacturing process, chemical composition and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for Global Construction Glass Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in Global Construction Glass Market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for Construction Glass Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of Global Construction Glass Market.
Key Target Audience:
- Construction glass manufacturers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Major end users
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to construction glass market
- Market research and consulting firms
Market, By Product Type:
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, suppliers, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, Global Construction Glass Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Low- Emissivity Glass
- Special Glass
- Float Glass Process
- Rolled/Sheet Process
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- United States
Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Rest of South America