Data breaches are inevitable across every enterprise, and endpoints continue to be a popular vector of cyberattacks. In response, endpoint security tools have evolved from signature-based antivirus to advanced solutions.
Endpoint security products include host-based software products that secure computing devices, including laptops, desktops, netbooks, tablets, servers, IoT devices, and smartphones, from malware, cyberattacks, unwanted applications, and physical loss or theft.
Traditionally, endpoint security comprised 2 segments – endpoint protection platforms (EPPs) and endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools. Over the past 2 years, many vendors have combined EPP and EDR capabilities in a single platform, resulting in the birth of next-generation endpoint security tools.
This study provides in-depth insight on key market dynamics, market forecasts, market trends, risk posture, and vendor dynamics.
Analysis by Business Size:
Consumer/small office home office (SOHO) segment
Small and medium business (SMB) segment
Mid-size enterprise segment
Large enterprise segment
Very large enterprise segment
Analysis by Geography:
The United Kingdom
DACH (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
The Nordics (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark)
Rest of Europe
The base year for the study is 2019, and the forecast period is from 2020 to 2024.
Growth Forecasts (total market, geography, vertical, and business size)
Competitor Analysis and Key Vendor Profiles
Insights for CISOs
The European endpoint security market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% between 2019 and 2024. The proliferation of IoT devices, the growing adoption of the cloud, and the ongoing digital transformation will drive market growth.
EPP integrated with EDR functionalities will see high demand. Stringent regulations and the rising awareness of cybersecurity will drive growth in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden, and Italy.
The competition among market participants is intense, and more than 40 vendors operate across different segments. The market is going through a phase of consolidation.
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- What is endpoint security and why is it important? Who are the key participants in this space?
- Which products are available in the market today? What concepts are in use? What use-cases are being employed?
- What is the current addressable market size and how is it expected to change over the forecast period? Which factors will influence market growth rates?
- What do the pricing trends look like? Which deployment models and distribution channels are prevalent in the market?
- What are the market dynamics? How do they differ across businesses, distribution channels, product segments, regions, and verticals?
- What growth opportunities for available for vendors and distributors/market participants?
- Which best practices can businesses follow in terms of the implementation of endpoint security solutions?