The embedded systems market is segmented based on component, application and country. Based on components, the embedded system market is primarily categorized into hardware and software. The hardware components considered under the report scope include: processor IP, MPU/MCU (microcontrollers and microprocessors), RAM, flash memory, digital signal processors (DSP), application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), field processing gate arrays (FPGA), embedded boards and embedded hardware design. The software component of the market has been categorized into operating systems (OS), software development and testing tools, middleware and open-source software and tools.
On the basis of applications, the embedded systems market segmented has been categorized into consumer, communications, enterprise and other.
The report also provides detailed information on embedded systems market across key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
The report also includes a chapter describing the major players in the market. It explains the major drivers, competitive landscape, and current trends in the embedded systems market.
The report does not consider chips developed for specialized markets such as set-top boxes. It also excludes IP and electronic design automation (EDA) tools used for hardware development.
- 54 data tables and 22 additional tables
- Descriptive study and in-depth analysis of the global market for embedded system technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Discussion of the major growth factors, underlying opportunities and challenges, and technological advancements within the global embedded systems marketplace
- Characterization and quantification of global embedded systems market, and breakdown of the embedded hardware/software components market on the basis of component, application, and geographical region
- Assessment of viable technology drivers through a holistic review of diverse industry applications for new and existing embedded technologies and IoT solutions
- Company competitive landscape featuring leading manufacturers and suppliers of embedded/automation products and solutions; their revenue sales, business segments, market share analysis, and product innovations
- Regional dynamics of the embedded systems market covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and rest of the world (RoW)
- Profile description of major listed embedded automation companies, including Analog Devices, Infineon Technologies, INTEL Corp., Microchip Technology Inc., Texas Instruments Inc., and NXP Semiconductors N.V.