The IFM market is also expected to face significant challenges to growth in the next two years due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy. However, cost considerations and the need for a single point of contact for outsourced FM could help further drive IFM penetration in the FM market, helping sustain reduced revenues during these challenging times. Emerging markets, however, are expected to place increasing emphasis on self-delivery of services by IFM providers, especially in technical FM services. This is expected to sustain M&A activity in this industry. The study provides an overview of key service lines within IFM, key drivers and restraints affecting the market during the forecast period till 2026, a breakdown of vertical end-user industries, and IFM penetration trends. Regional outlooks are also provided for the key regional segments of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World containing growth forecasts and subsegment analysis. Key growth opportunities for companies along with strategic imperatives for remaining competitive have been provided. Market shares for top competitors have been provided at the global level along with analysis. Competitive analysis is also present at the regional level.
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- Is IFM growing globally? How does demand for IFM differ between developed and developing markets? Which markets experience the fastest growth?
- Does IFM require the foundations of developed FM markets? Is there a correlation between foreign direct investment (FDI) and IFM penetration in developing markets?
- Which are the world’s largest IFM markets? Are developing markets catching up?
- Which types of end users are most likely to outsource their FM operations and which are most aware of integrated FM concepts? Are there differences between regions?
- What are the most established services in an IFM contract? How is this reflected in the competitive profile of the market?
- Which are the key participants in the global IFM space? Do suppliers expand internationally? Is the market consolidating? Is there space for new entrants?
- How do energy management services, a key upcoming focus area, fit into the overall IFM marketplace?