The global unmanned ground vehicles market is currently witnessing strong growth. An unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) is a land-based machine that functions without the onboard presence of a human operator. It is equipped with sensors to observe the environment and send the information to the operator or make an autonomous decision. It can also move independently to gather data and navigate itself around obstacles. UGVs are primarily used in the military sector for various purposes, such as obstacle deterrence, discovery, identification, warning, confinement and threat destruction, along with the commercial areas, such as agriculture, construction, transportation and mining.
The growing need to combat the rising number of criminal and terrorist activities across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. UGVs are used to administer combat-operations and counterinsurgencies to overpower internal and external security threats and territorial disputes and undertake initiatives to modernize the armed forces. Furthermore, factors such as the escalating need to improve operational efficiency and to reduce human intervention in military operations are also providing a significant boost to the market. UGVs are deployed to address biological, radiological, nuclear, chemical and explosive threats, which usually cause a large number of casualties. Apart from this, they are also utilized for on-road collision warning and avoidance, automated guideway and highway transit as well as bus rapid transit systems. Moreover, UGVs also find extensive applications in firefighting and disaster management operations, which are projected to drive the market further. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to register a CAGR of around 12% during 2020-2025.
Breakup by Mobility:
Breakup by Size:
- Small (10-200 lbs)
- Medium (200 - 500 lbs)
- Large (500 – 1,000 lbs)
- Very Large (1,000 – 2,000 lbs)
- Extremely Large (>2,000 lbs)
Breakup by Mode of Operation:
Breakup by System:
- Control System
- Navigation System
- Power System
Breakup by Application:
- Law Enforcement
- Federal Law Enforcement
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being ASELSAN A.S., Boston Dynamics, Cobham Plc, DOK-ING D.O.O., Endeavor Robotics, General Dynamics Corporation, Harris Corporation, ICOR Technology, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Nexter Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Oshkosh Corporation, QinetiQ Group Plc, RE2 Inc., Robo-Team Ltd., etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global unmanned ground vehicles market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the mobility?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the size?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the mode of operation?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global unmanned ground vehicles market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?