The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Less Lethal Ammunition Market Growth & Trends
The global less lethal ammunition market size is expected to reach USD 1.21 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 4.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The rapidly rising incidences of political disputes and civil disorder are expected to drive the demand for less lethal ammunition from law enforcement agencies across the globe.
Based on the sub-munition concept the top players in the industry have developed highly impactful irritant devices that release loads of irritant sub-munitions from a single projectile. Thus, they assure quick and effective dispersion of irritants without causing any severe injuries. In addition, they do not exhibit the risk of being thrown back like traditional tear gas canisters.
In March 2018, at Enforce Tac, Rheinmetall AG launched an extensive range of pyrotechnic products with high precision, reliability, and safe to handle. The product-line included multi-bang grenades and enhanced performance flash-bang grenades with bottom-top venting technology that leads the explosion away from hand and fingers.
Key industry participants are focusing on developing a comprehensive portfolio with right less-lethal ammunition for every scenario, with effects and ranges varying according to tactical requirements of different user groups including military or police. Moreover, they have developed ammunition that offers high reliability and precision in all climates.
Less Lethal Ammunition Market Report Highlights
- Launchers weapon type segment is expected to witness a notable CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period owing to continuous launch of advanced and highly effective 40 mm caliber less-lethal ammunition
- Law Enforcement segment dominated the overall market for less-lethal ammunition with 58.61% revenue share in 2019 due to high demand for execution of riot control operations without causing fatalities
- Rubber bullet segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period on account its high effectiveness in crowd control operation without causing fatal injuries to the people
- In 2019, Middle East Africa revenue stood at USD 148.6 million and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.8% over the forecast period on the high crime rate in the African countries
- Key players are employing efforts to gain long-term supply contract from the law enforcement and military agencies across the globe, to gain a competitive edge and gain a strong foothold in the market