The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Brain PET-MRI Systems Market Growth & Trends
The global brain PET-MRI systems market size is expected to reach USD 417.7 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing prevalence of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and brain tumor and rising demand for early diagnostic techniques is expected to drive the adoption of brain PET-MRI systems. These systems help in localizing anatomic structures and lesions, differentiating brain tissues, selection of biopsy site, and evaluation of the treatment. Therefore, advantages associated with brain PET-MRI systems in diagnosing different neurological disorders is expected to propel market growth.
Universities and institutes are frequently installing clinical and pre-clinical PET-MRI systems to help researchers and clinicians in their projects. These end-users are installing advanced imaging devices designed by the market players to understand its effectiveness in treating neurological disorders. As per an article by the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), around 50 PET-MRI systems are installed in U.S. for research activities. Additionally, market players such as Cubresa are developing PET inserts, which can be accommodated in 1.5T, 3T, and 7T clinical MRI technology and can be used alone during PET imaging to help clinicians during pre-clinical research.
The demand for helium-free PET-MRI technology is on rise owing to its lower cost and high efficiency. To meet this growing demand, market players are developing helium-free imaging machines. MR Solutions has come up with helium-free MRI machines and launched pre-clinical PET-MRI machines which can be used for research in the field of neurology. Additionally, the player is expanding its base through multiple distributors in Korea, Japan, Australia, and China. Distribution of this helium-free imaging technology will help the research laboratories all over the world.
Brain PET-MRI Systems Market Report Highlights
- The pre-clinical held largest share in 2019 and is expected to grow at significant rate owing to increasing installation of the diagnostic machines for research purpose
- The clinical segment is expected to grow at the fastest growth rate during over the forecast period as the usage of the diagnostic machines for clinical applications such as neurology is increasingly gradually
- The traditional product segment held largest share in 2019, as large number of market players have developed and launched these devices for accurate diagnosis of neurological disorders
- The helium-free product segment is expected to experience the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to cost-effectiveness and ability to reduce complications during diagnosis
- The hospitals segment held the largest share in 2019, as the end-user is installing advanced diagnostic machines for enhanced diagnosis
- The diagnostic imaging centers segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate due to the growing preference of patient pool for this end-user to reduce hospital associated cost and long wait time
- North America held the largest share in 2019 as market players are continuously developing advanced imaging devices, which are frequently adopted by end-users in U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate in the market as research centers and universities in countries like China, Japan, and India are installing the device frequently.