The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Bicycle Frames Market Growth & Trends
The global bicycle frames market size is expected to reach USD 32.8 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.1% over the forecast period, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Bicycle frame is one of the key components while purchasing a bike. It plays an important role in the bicycle performance as it influences weight balance of the vehicle. Aluminium and steel were the most preferred materials used for forming the bicycle frame traditionally. However, the development of modern composites is also leading to the adoption of materials such as titanium and carbon fiber to form frames in order to reduce the bike weight and improve the performance.
Bicycle demand is now gaining prominence after years of decline in demand mainly due to increasing influence of automotive industry. Rising adoption of bicycles as a mode of transport on account of their environmental and health benefits is anticipated to positively influence the market growth. Cycles are also widely used for recreational touring and sports activities. All the aforementioned factors are anticipated to supplement the market growth over the forecast period.
Bicycle Frames Market Report Highlights
- Road bike is the most basic type of bicycle and is expected to witness high market growth by 2027.
- The market is expected to witness an increasing use of titanium and carbon fiber materials for manufacturing of frames over the forecast period
- Carbon frames have gained immense popularity in the material segment. Carbon fiber material is known for its notable properties such as stiffness, lightweight, and high strength
- Large concentration of manufacturers of bicycle frame in Asia Pacific is driving the regional demand
- The growing trend for local distribution channel along with the rising labor cost in developing economies is driving manufacturers back to developed nations such as Europe and North America