This research assesses the AI in the ICT ecosystem including technologies, solutions and players. Application areas covered include marketing and business decision making, workplace automation, predictive analysis and forecasting, fraud detection and mitigation. The report provides detailed forecasts globally, regionally, and across market segments from 2020 to 2025. The report also covers AI subset technologies, embedded in other technologies, and cognitive computing in key industry verticals.
While the opportunities for artificial intelligence in the information and communications technology industry are virtually limitless, we focus on a few key opportunities including AI in big data, chatbots, chipsets, cybersecurity, IoT, smart machines and robotics. AI is poised to fundamentally shift the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry as technologies such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and others.
AI will dramatically enhance the performance of communications, apps, content, and digital commerce. AI will also drive new business models and create entirely new business opportunities as interfaces and efficiencies facilitate engagement that has been heretofore incomprehensible.
Many other industry verticals will be transformed through this evolution as ICT and digital technologies support many aspects of industry operations including supply chains, sales and marketing processes, product and service delivery and support models.
For example, we see particularly substantial impacts in the medical and bioinformatics as well as financial services segments. Workforce automation is an area that will affect many different industry verticals as AI greatly enhances work flow, processes, and accelerates the ROI for smart workplace investments.
- Internet of Things companies
- Artificial Intelligence companies
- Big Data and analytics companies
- Robotics and automation companies
- Cloud and Internet of Things companies
- Investment firms focused on automation
- Product and service providers of all types
- Governments and NGO R&D organizations
- Forecasts for AI regionally and across industry verticals 2020 – 2025
- Identify key AI functions for communications, content, and commerce
- Recognize important intellectual property topic areas and patent holders
- Understand challenges and opportunities for AI in workplace automation
- Understand the market direction and future of AI and cognitive computing
- Identify opportunities for AI to improve productivity across industry verticals