The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 4%, globally, during the forecast period. Diisononyl (DINP) is a phthalate-based plasticizer consisting isononyl esters of phthalic acid. Plasticizers are most commonly used for improving the flexibility, durability, and stretchability of polymeric films, reducing melt flow at the same time. These plasticizers have high compatibility with PVC and are used for numerous applications, such as floor and wall coverings and medical applications.
- The increasing demand and usage of flexible PVC and PVC applications in the construction industry is expected to drive the market, during the forecast period.
- However, health hazards, as exposure to diisononyl phthalate, can increase the risk of cancer and the outbreak of COVID-19 across the world are likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with increasing consumption from countries, like India and China.
Key Market Trends
PVC Polymer to Dominate the Market
- PVC polymer stands to be the dominating segment, owing to its flexibility, durability, toughness, weather resistance, thermal resistance, and processability.
- Phthalate plasticizers, such as di(isononyl) phthalate (DINP), are normally used for medical applications, due to their high compatibility with PVC, as well as their softening ability with important increases in the flexibility of PVC formulations.
- Due to their low price and good performance, no other plasticizers have been able to compete with phthalates on a larger scale. The most common PVC plasticizers are still different phthalate esters.
- PVC is a versatile polymer, which is used in building and construction. With the addition of correct additives, PVC tends to exhibit high impact strength, good weather ability, and high levels of light transmission.
- Therefore, all the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific stands to be the largest and fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing, due to high demand from the PVC and polyurethane applications in the building and construction industry.
- PVC-based flooring and wall coverings are few of the major applications of diisononyl phthalate. The increasing demand from the building and construction industry from countries, like China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand, is expected to contribute to the demand.
- These plasticizers have also found usage in the coated fabrics, which is widely used in protective clothing. Rising penetration in transportation and protective clothing applications, due to the presence of numerous manufacturing companies, are expected to drive the coated fabrics market in the region.
- Countries, like China, Japan, and South Korea, have implemented strict regulations and measures to ensure the safety of the workers. For instance, China has implemented Workplace Safety Law in 2014, which ensures employees with all necessary safety equipment, including goggles, hard hats, and protective or other clothing.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market in the region, during the forecast period.
The diisononyl phthalate (DINP) market is fragmented in nature, with a few major players, along with number of regional and local players in the market. Some of the major companies are BASF SE, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Polynt SpA, LG Chem Ltd, and Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support