The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global bleaching agent market is expected to grow with a CAGR greater than 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing demand for water treatment. However, the toxicity of certain types of bleaching agents is hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing demand from the pulp & paper industry is another major driver for the market studied
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the highest share of the market and is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
- Among the product types, chlorine-based bleaching agents are likely to account for the highest market share during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Chlorine-based Bleaching Agents to Dominate the Market
- Among the different types of bleaching agents, chlorine-based bleaching agents account for the highest market share currently.
- The chlorine-based bleaching agent is used on a large scale to produce calcium and sodium hypochlorite which is used largely as a disinfectant in wastewater treatment, especially in drinking water and in the swimming pool.
- Also, chlorine is extensively used in pulp & paper technology as a bleaching agent for wood pulp that can be used in manufacturing printing and writing paper.
- Hence, owing to easy availability and the high number of applications the chlorine-based bleaching agents are likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Currently, Asia-Pacific accounts for the highest market share in the global bleaching agents market owing to the high demand from countries like China, India, and Japan.
- China has one of the largest construction industries. It is also one of the major production centers for pulp & paper and textiles across the globe.
- India has a significantly growing construction industry. There has been a significant rise in the need for water treatment in the country over the past few years.
- Additionally, the southeast Asian countries are also witnessing major demand for bleaching agents for usage in industries like water treatment, pulp & paper, etc.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest share for the global bleaching agent market during the forecast.
The global bleaching agent market is moderately fragmented as the majority of the market share is divided among a large number of players. Some of the key players in the market include Arkema, Dow, Evonik Industries AG, Kemira, and Clariant, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support