The application gateway is expected to witness a growth at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period (2020-2025). The application gateway is a web traffic load balancer that allows the user to manage traffic to its web applications. The gateways make the routing decision based on attributes such as HTTP requests to optimize the results.
- The increasing demand for protected networks and multi-layered protection against growing different layered cyber attacks is the key factor driving the demand for application gateway solutions. According to the latest published Cisco SMB Cybersecurity report, more than 53% of mid-market companies across 26 countries experienced a cyber breach in 2019. Additionally, the greater emphasis on the BYOD business trend has put more pressure on these companies to deploy application gateway solutions.
- According to the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and McAfee, cybercrimes, which include damage and destruction of data, stolen money, lost property, intellectual property theft, and other areas, currently cost the world almost USD 600 billion each year, or 0.8% of global GDP.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the countries across the world have implemented precautionary measures. While schools are being closed, and communities are asked to stay at home, and many organizations are finding a wat to enable their employees to work from their homes. This has resulted in a rise in the adoption of video communication platforms. In the past four months, the new domain registration on these video communication platforms, including Zoom, has rapidly increased. According to the Checkpoint Security, since January 2020, more than 1700 new domains were registered and 25% of which registered in the first week of March 2020. Due to this, cybercriminals also have started targeting these platforms.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Segment to Show Significant Growth
- Healthcare has been positively impacted with the digitization and has evolved over the past two decades to help itself become a digitized sector. Healthcare records have been stored digitally and contain private data. The healthcare industry is currently experiencing a transformation in cybersecurity strategy from a compliance and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-focused approach to one that is the more comprehensive and security-centric approach.
- Singapore’s largest healthcare institution in September 2019, was targeted by state-sponsored hackers, leading to the leakage of personal information for 1.5 million patients, along with prescription details for 160,000 others. Going forward, the governments are expected to impose stricter regulations pertaining to the safety and security of IoT devices,; healthcare providers will have to step up the game on cyber resilience.
- According to Wipro’s State of Cybersecurity Report 2019, 485 significant data breaches reported in 2018 in the healthcare industry, making it one of the most popular targets for breach attempts. Accenture’s 2018 Healthcare Workforce Survey on Cybersecurity found that almost 18% of healthcare employees were willing to sell confidential data to unauthorized parties, for as little as USD 500 to USD 1,000. It has increased the need for internal cycybersecuritys a needed solution.
North America is Expected to be Largest Market
- IT advances, communications technologies, and the smart energy grid are changing the landscape of all every country’s critical infrastructure and business networks. However, with rapidly evolving technology comes rapidly advancing threats. In 2019, US businesses were victimized 7,073,069 times, while the US Department of Homeland Security informed that its data had been breached.
- Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, U.S. immigration agencies are announcing sweeping changes that impact companies and their foreign national workforce. The U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) has mentioned using Foreign Labor Application Gateway (FLAG) System to make decision and issue prevailing wage determination and certifications according to the regulatory requirements.
- According to a recent survey by CIRA (Canadian Internet Registration Authority), 66% of businesses with over 250 employees experienced a cyber attack in the last 12 months. Also, it estimated that over 70% of the companies with less than 100 employees experience data breach activities. This is expected to drive the demand for application gateway solutions by small scale enterprises in the country.
The application gateway market is more inclined towards fragmentation with the presence of established as well as new players competing in the market. As the solutions may need customization as per the user requirement without compromising on performance, the customers have been keener on the established players like Microsoft. The company is expected to have the highest market share globally.
- January 2020 - Orange Business Services has announced the completion of the acquisition of SecureLink, a European vendor for the cybersecurity industry. With this acquisition, the company has planned to expand its international reach as well as extend its cybersecurity capabilities.
- June 2019 - Microsoft Corporation introduced its latest customer rules for its Azure Application Gateway Firewall (WAF). With this upgrade, the company is offering customers with the capability of forming their own rules with Internet Protocol (IP) or IP Range, or string-based matching conditions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support