The logic analyzer market is expected to witness a CAGR of 12.66%, during the forecast period. The proliferation of the market is expected to be driven by the demand for consumer electronics and the growing demand for testing complex logic. The logic analyzers are being extensively used in the connected cars and higher adoption of IoT-based devices in the electronics and semiconductor sector.
- The logic analyzers with high-speed sampling capability and spectrum analyzer are expected to be increasingly used for the mobile communication system that has been growing at a rapid rate. In February 2019, Rohde & Schwarz introduced the new R&S RTP134 with 13 GHz that has applications in the fields of automotive, aerospace and defense, industrial, and telecommunications.
- Furthermore, the PC-based logic analyzer segment is expected to expand during the forecast period considerably. The ease of installation, coupled with the ability to record both analog and digital signals, makes them an appropriate choice for multiple end-user segments. Moreover, USB-based analyzers offered by players, like Gaotek, are continually reducing in size and cost, thereby making them attractive options for several end-user industries.
- Despite the multiple factors driving the growth of the logic analyzer market, certain significant restraints challenge market growth. The persistent designing issues in FPGA, like definition errors and system interaction problems, is one of the major restraining factors. Moreover, the data captured by a Logic Analyzer is limited by the memory blocks available on an FPGA device. Additionally, with the increase in capture depth, the occupied area of the logic analyzer IP also increases, thereby limiting its ability to scale up in the future.
Key Market Trends
The Growth of Autonomous Vehicles is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The logic analyzer is expected to be increasingly used in the automotive industry as the companies increasingly invest in autonomous vehicles. This is due to the need for accurate testing devices that ensure the highest levels of safety before introducing these cars into the market. Additionally, autonomous cars have a requirement of low power and compact electronic devices that need to be tested during their production.
- Additionally, automotive manufacturers are deploying increasingly complex electronic systems that include radar, video, navigation, and wireless applications. The aforementioned factor has been continually generating the need for specialized test and measurement solutions. Vendors, like TRS-RenTelco, offer electronic automotive test equipment developed in collaboration with key players, like Keysight, Rohde & Schwarz, and Tektronix, to meet market demand.
- Moreover, as the automotive ethernet technology in vehicles accelerates, there has been a need for comprehensive design validation to ensure interoperability and reliable operation in multiple ECUs. Tektronix Inc., in July 2019, released two new software packages that are expected to simplify automotive ethernet testing further, Debug and Protocol Decode for their use with its 5 and 6 Series mixed-signal oscilloscopes.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market in the World
- All major end-user industries that have major applications for logic analyzers are growing in this region, and hence, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for logic analyzers. The Asia-pacific market has emerged as one of the most dynamic markets for automated vehicles. Almost all major players based in the region have been investing in automated vehicle development programs.
- Toyota, for instance, announced the creation of a USD 100 million venture fund in May 2019 to invest in autonomous driving and robotic technology start-ups. Other players, like Mitsubishi and Honda, have been undertaking active partnerships to help the proliferation of the market.
- Furthermore, the semiconductor industry, which has a major application for the logic analyzers, is also expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period. As part of the Made in China 2025 blueprint, the government of China has set the goal of taking the semiconductor industry output to USD 305 billion by 2030.
- Additionally, the expansion of 5G networks in the region is expected to be one of the major factors driving the growth of the market studied, both directly and indirectly. According to GSMA’s latest report, 5G is expected to contribute about USD 900 billion to the economy of the region over the next 15 years.
The competitive Landscape for the logic analyzer market remains extremely dynamic with the evolving market requirements, driving innovations, and new product launches. Some of the recent developments in the market are as follows:-
- February 2019- Rohde & Schwarz launched the 16-bit vertical resolution HD mode standard for its R&S RTE, R&S RTO, and R&S RTP oscilloscopes. These higher-resolution waveforms facilitate users in making precise analysis of signal details that would have earlier been hidden by noise.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support