The growth of the market studied can be attributed to the increasing global geriatric population. As the population increases, age-related diseases are on the rise, thereby, bolstering the demand for wound care management products. The current market is also growing, due to the increasing prevalence of diabetes and rise in the number of the accidents and burns. These factors are fueling the growth of the market studied. Additionally, product innovations have increased in the recent years, in turn, boosting the growth of the infectious wound care management market.
Key Market Trends
Diabetes Mellitus Segment is Expected to Witness Fastest Growth Rate over the Forecast Period
- Diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) is one of the chronic wounds that is very common in diabetic patients. It is prevalent in nearly 15% to 20% of the diabetes patients (as per Dong-il Chun et al., Journal of Clinical Medicine 2019). Its products range from normal saline to growth factors, ulcer dressings, and skin substitutes that have been shown to be highly effective in healing foot ulcers.
- Furthermore, incidence of diabetes is expected to increase in future, as per the International Diabetes Federation 2019 report. In 2019, there were 463 million diabetic patients, worldwide, which is expected to increase to 578 million by 2030, as per the report statistics. Increasing incidence of diabetes is also expected to increase the incidence of DFU, which may increase the demand for the infectious wound care management market. This is expected to help the market growth.
North America Captured the Largest Market Share and is Expected to Retain its Dominance
- The United States and Canada have a developed and well-structured healthcare system. These systems also encourage R&D activities. These policies encourage global players to enter the United States and Canada. As a result, these countries enjoy the presence of many global market players. Additionally, Mexico is a developing nation with the benefit of being neighbor to the United States. This allows many companies to penetrate in Mexico as well, which helps the growth in the region.
- Moreover, incidences of chronic wounds, like diabetic foot ulcer, are expected to increase due to increasing incidence of diabetes. The International Diabetes Federation estimated that the incidence of diabetes may increase from 31 million in 2019 in the United States, to more than 34 million by 2030. This is expected to increase the demand for infectious wound care management products in the region, which may boost the market growth.
Competition among the existing players is high and price pressure has been increasing among the vendors. Despite the higher number of market participants, majority of the market share is controlled by a handful of participants. The presence of a significant number of players in the market studied has an impact on the prices of products by firms, such as B Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health Inc., Hartmann Group, Smith & Nephew PLC, and 3M Company, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support