The Middle-East and African freeze-dried fruits and vegetables market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.65% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The Middle-East and African countries are experiencing economic development. The on-going industrialization and growth of the food processing industries have led to optimistic market sentiments among the freeze-dried fruit and vegetable suppliers in this region.
- The growing economies of Namibia, Nigeria, etc., are projected to drive the sales in the overall freeze-dried food market, due to the increasing purchasing power of consumers in these countries.
- Consumers, especially young women, are becoming increasingly aware about healthy lifestyles and the importance of consuming healthy meals. Thus, it further leads to immense growth opportunities for the manufacturers of organic and natural food products to source freeze-dried fruits and vegetables from local and international suppliers, in order to increase the sales of their products in the region.
Key Market Trends
Bakery and Confectionery Segment Dominates the Market
There is an increasing emphasis on reformulating processed food products to make them healthier. The major manufacturers in the regional market are constantly looking for opportunities to formulate bakery and confectionery products, majorly using freeze-dried fruits and vegetables. Freeze-dried fruits and vegetables have high stability. The bakery and confectionery industry offers a lot of space for products, like bakery mixes, biscuits, cookies, and dessert toppings, which are shelf-stable. This is boosting the market for freeze-dried fruits and vegetables in the bakery and confectionery application segment.
South Africa is the Largest Market
Owing to the rapidly increasing demand for packaged or convenient food products among consumers in the country, the market is witnessed to grow at a faster rate in South Africa. This may, in turn, increase the demand for processed food ingredients among processed food manufacturers. South African consumers are focusing on increasing their consumption of healthier food products and are spending more on vegetables, owing to the rising health consciousness. Furthermore, they are focusing on critically analyzing the ingredients in food products and their impact on health. This provides growth opportunities for the players in the freeze-dried fruits and vegetables market in the country.
Key Market Players focus on the production and distribution of a wide array of freeze-dried fruits and vegetables, with an extensive variety of applications and features and a focus on consistency, nutrition level, and functionality. Consumers prefer natural ingredients in processed food products. They are looking for ingredients that are naturally obtained and free of preservatives. The major food and beverage manufacturers are focusing on introducing new ready-to-eat food products in the market, in order to cater to the interests of the consumers.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support