Egypt Food Enzymes Market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The growing processed food industry and the rising preference for ultra-food are expected to boost the Egypt market.
- Enzymes can perform several functional attributes such as improving the quality and nutrition of products while helping companies clean up food labels. Thus, a large opportunity for the use of enzymes lies in the food and beverage industry.
- The food and beverage market has seen a cut in synthetic ingredients, wider use of botanicals, the replacement of emulsifiers with enzymes and other texturizers.
Key Market Trends
Growing Consumption of Processed Foods
The growth of Egypt’s food processing and manufacturing sectors is associated with the market being price sensitive. Driving growth has been a shift to increased production for domestic consumption and exports. Egyptian food processors and manufacturers are taking advantage of Egypt’s central location in the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region to increase exports to nearby regional markets. Egyptian processed and manufactured food products are import-duty exempt in nearly all of the Arab and African export destinations. Furthermore, changing consumer behavior has also increased the demand for processed foods in the country. The country has experienced a remarkable CAGR of 18.03% during the past few years in the processed foods market. The evident growth in the processed food industry in Egypt will drive the growth of food ingredients including acidulants.
Bakery Is A Major Application For Enzymes
The Egypt enzymes market’s value is increasing rapidly because of the increasing population and the consequent increasing consumption of processed foods. Enzymes are an important ingredient used in most bakery products. Recently enzymes have assumed an even greater role in baking, due to the restrictions on the use of chemical additives, especially in the manufacture of bread and other fermented products. These enzymes, when added to the dough, improves the control on the baking process, allowing the use of different baking processes, reducing process time, slowing-down staling, compensating for flour variability, and substituting chemical additives.
Egypt food enzymes market is a fragmented market with the presence of various players in the market. The successful strategies for the market competition are expanding the company’s product portfolio by way of new product launches. While marketing, branding, promotion, certifications, award are some key strategies adopted by the leading players
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support