The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The coating pretreatment market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the use of coating pretreatment in the building and construction industry. Moreover, the demand for coating pretreatment from the aerospace sector is increasing, which is fueling the market growth.
- The abrupt flare-up of COVID-19 has affected the coating pretreatment business and is expected to hamper the market growth in the coming years.
- With the increasing building and construction sector spending, the usage of coating pretreatment in the construction segment is expected to rise during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is forecasted to hold the largest market share, owing to the dominance of various end-user industries in the coating pretreatment market in the region.
Key Market Trends
The Building and Construction Sector is Expected to Boost the Market
- Increasing usage of coating pretreatment in the building and construction sector is expected to boost the market demand during the forecast period.
- In 2020, the global expenditure of the building and construction industry is estimated to be around USD 11 trillion, which is about 13% of the global GDP. It is predicted to reach USD 14 trillion by 2025.
- Many countries, such as Saudi Arabia, China, and India, have upcoming plans for upgradation and refurbishment by investing in developing their infrastructure facilities, which may propel the market studied.
- Insights show that the United States contributed about USD 91.5 billion for new non-residential business development in 2019. This spending is anticipated to reach more than USD 89.4 billion by 2023.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the demand for coating pretreatment from the building and construction industry during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is Likely to be Largest Market for Coating Pretreatment
- Asia-Pacific is expected to have the largest market share in the coating pretreatment market globally, during the forecast period.
- In 2021, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to have the highest construction industry output across the world, accounting for roughly half of the global construction industry’s total output.
- The total number of vehicles manufactured by the region’s top producers, China, India, and Japan, stood at 25.72 million units, 4.516 million units, and 9.684 million units, respectively.
- The market size of aerospace coatings in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to be USD 445.2 million in 2021, and it is expected to reach a market size of USD 617.2 million by 2025.
- Income from the consumer electronics segment is estimated to add up to USD 227.2 billion in 2020 and is predicted to reach a value of USD 262.7 billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 3.7%.
- Thus, owing to the aforementioned factors, the demand for coating pretreatment is rising from various industries in the region and is expected to rise during the forecast period as well.
The market for coating pretreatment is consolidated. Some of the players operating in the coating pretreatment business include 3M, PPG Industries, Axalta, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and Chemetall GmbH.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support