- IoT Platforms, OSS and Billing, Data Management
- 5G Operations Support including Network Slicing Management
- Mobile Edge Computing including Infrastructure, Apps and Services
The report includes specific recommendations for Next Generation Network OSS BSS vendors, CSPs, Enterprise, and infrastructure suppliers for 5G and IoT systems and solutions.
Questions answered in the report include:
- What changes will take place in the OSS/BSS vendor landscape?
- How will NGN affect current OSS/BSS architecture and modules?
- How will emerging technologies impact the legacy OSS/BSS systems?
- How will NGN OSS/BSS systems need to support the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- What kind of transformation will take place in legacy OSS/BSS to the next generation systems?
- What will be the implications of NGN OSS/BSS in terms of managing telecom business operations?
- What are the impacts on managed and cloud services including social media, business intelligence and analytics?
The Next Generation Network OSS BSS market provides capabilities that have become an absolute requirement for Communication Service Providers (CSP) of all types including integrated legacy carriers (fixed, wireless, and cable/Internet), Multiple System Operators (MSO) and Over-the-Top (OTT) providers.
When Mind Commerce first began coverage of the Next Generation Network OSS BSS market in 2007, it was driven largely by two things: (1) The need to consolidate operational support and billing as well as (2) Prepare for next-generation IP based networks and services. While these are still two very important reasons for CSPs to leverage NGN OSS BSS platforms, there are now many more reasons:
- Fifth Generation (5G) Cellular: Requirements for Next Generation Network OSS BSS market support for Network Slicing in 5G, both in terms of administration of slice allocations (including SLA) as well as billing for slices and usage. CSPs will also require Next-Gen OSS BSS for support of massive IoT systems enabled by 5G.
- Internet of Things (IoT): Presenting many issues and opportunities, IoT will require operational support for intermediation between networks and systems. In addition, IoT Billing and Settlement represents a significant near-term growth area for the Next Generation OSS BSS market. Longer-term, IoT Authentication and Authorization and the use of Blockchain will also emerge as a key area reliant upon NGN OSS.
- Next-Generation Apps and Services: As a result of 5G in particular, there will be many next-generation services, many of which will be highly immersive such as the Virtual Reality market. New business models will emerge for VR and other next-gen apps that will require Next Generation Network OSS BSS support. For example, CSPs will need to support virtual identity as well as bridge the virtual and real worlds with Mixed Reality offerings. These areas will require operational support.
- IoT companies
- LSO solution providers
- SDN and NFV solution providers
- Network and services integrators
- Cloud and virtualization companies
- Fixed and mobile network operators
- OSS/BSS products and services suppliers
- Next-gen network infrastructure providers
- Third-party platform providers including OTT
- Technical evaluation of OSS and BSS in next-generation networks
- Identify market potential by service components of OSS/BSS functions
- Understand the market dynamics regarding legacy vs. next generation
- Understand the drivers and timing for evolution to next-generation OSS/BSS
- Understand opportunities for NGN OSS/BSS in support of IoT networks and data
- Identify companies and their services, products, and solutions for next-generation OSS/BSS
- Identify emerging technologies, third networks, and standards supporting solutions for next-generation OSS/BSS
- Recognize the opportunities for next-generation OSS across many different service, solution and product categories
- Detailed market forecasts for OSS/BSS including IoT Billing, Settlement, Authentication, and Authorization 2020 to 2025
Select Report Findings:
· The total global NGN OSS/BSS market will reach $64.3B USD by 2025
· The APAC IoT billing and settlement market alone will reach $1.89B by 2025
· NGN OSS support for fixed wireless networks will be a $9.65B global opportunity by 2025
· SDN based control of network slicing combined with NGN OSS/BSS has a high ROI and less than three-year payback period
· The fastest growing OSS support area for 5G network slicing will be in the mid-band RF arena with a CAGR of 56.9% through 2025
· Over 80% of the market for OSS support of 5G edge computing market in IoT will be on managed service basis, representing a $3.46B market opportunity