This research evaluates the current state of the market for content, CDN providers, and solutions. This report provides a SWOT analysis for major vendors and view into the future of CDN solutions and marketplace. This report analyzes the competitive threats to pure-play CDN providers from Google and Amazon. The report also analyzes threats to network operators as well as opportunities for content, commerce, and application developers. The report includes forecasts for 2025 to 2025.
A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of servers, or computers interconnected over the Internet, that are placed closer to users across the globe to reduce the distance content travels. CDNs provide solutions for efficiently and effectively managing content of all types.
Solutions include core services such as aggregation, management, and distribution of content as well as a variety of value-added functionality. Thanks to advances in virtualization and Cloud-based deployments, many CDN deployments can run on commercial off-the-shelf hardware with virtual machines, thereby reducing costs and improving infrastructure flexibility.
The digital content market is poised to reach a new stage in its evolution with the coming pipeline of next generation applications and solutions. Content consumption among consumers is exploding due to many factors including higher bandwidth, low cost digital devices, and smart devices (phones, tablets, and wearable wireless) devices.
CDNs provide solutions for efficiently and effectively managing content of all types. Solutions include core services such as aggregation, management, and distribution of content as well as a variety of value-added functionality.
Mind Commerce sees the market need for CDN solutions correlating directly with the explosion of broadband networks, smart mobile phones, and related applications, services and content. In particular, the convergence of cellular networks supported by LTE and 5G broadband wireless, and cloud-based applications, facilitates the need for more intelligent content solutions.
- Investment Firms
- Mobile Network Carriers
- Service Bureau Companies
- Infrastructure Vendors
- Wireless Infrastructure Vendors
- Telecom Managed Service Providers
- Business Case for CDN: An assessment of the business case for CDNs.
- Technology Review: A review of the underlying technology supporting CDN solutions
- Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global and regional assessment of the market size and forecasts for the CDN market from 2020 to 2025
- Industry Value Chain: An analysis of the CDN value chain
Select Report Findings:
- Multi-CDN Switching will exceed $2.5B USD globally by 2025
- Mobile app driven CDN growth will grow at 21.9% CAGR through 2025
- Broadband wireless will continue as a substantial factor for CDN growth
- Analytics and cloud intelligence support of CDNs is a $2.7B market by 2025