This research service provides an in-depth analysis of powertrain technologies and the strategic imperatives of upcoming diesel and gasoline technologies, technology roadmaps, and technology advancements. The study highlights current and future product plans of various manufacturers and their growth potential. It also covers the impact of Covid-19 on various powertrain technologies in different regions. Emission regulations are tightening across the globe, while pollution levels have started to shift the dynamics of the global automotive market. Though electric and hybrid vehicles (xEVs) have gained traction in developed nations, they are yet to do so in niche markets like India, Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific (APAC), excluding China.
The base year of the study is 2019, and the outlook is for 2020.
Geographical coverage includes Europe (Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom), China, South Korea, North America (the United States), Indonesia, India, and Japan.
The aim of this study is to research, analyse, and forecast the trends; provide an overview of the internal combustion engine (ICE), electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid vehicle market; and discuss the impact of these trends on the growth and performance of key OEMs. The study mainly focuses on the passenger vehicle (PV) technology outlook globally and regionally. Changes in test procedures for passenger vehicles will increase the adoption of advanced powertrain technologies. Gasoline engines will look at higher boosting technologies, whereas diesel engines will look at alternative exhaust after-treatment systems.
This research service also provides a brief explanation of the various engines and transmission systems that will be introduced by OEMs with the support of Tier I suppliers. Strict standards will impact the adoption of internal combustion engine vehicles. The impact of electrification and its effect on future models is, therefore, discussed to show comparison between the market penetration of conventional powertrains and the ePowertrain strategy.
Key Issues Addressed
- How will Covid-19 impact global automotive sales in different regions?
- What are the key technologies to watch out for in 2020? What major technology trends were adopted by OEMs in 2019 globally?
- How have different kinds of powertrains performed in 2019 globally and in key regions? How are they expected to perform in 2020?
- What are the various sales trends observed in key regions in 2019?
- What kind of different regulatory standards are applicable?
- What are the various technologies that have been launched for engines and transmissions?