“Increase in gasoline direct injection engine demand is projected to drive the automotive piston market globally.”
The global automotive piston market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period, where the market in 2020 is estimated to be USD 1.9 billion and is projected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2025. The growth of the automotive piston industry is influenced by factors such as increasing popularity of gasoline direct injection engines and the growing production of passenger vehicles. Some of the market restraining factors are the engine downsizing and possible shift towards electric vehicles.
“Aluminum is estimated to be the largest growing material for piston.”
The automotive piston consists of various components like piston head/crown, piston rod, and piston ring. Aluminum and stainless steel are the key materials used for the manufacturing of piston. The durability of piston components at high temperatures depends upon the type of material that been used for it. Owing to the light-weighting trend, lower cost, and other benefits offered by aluminum over steel and cast iron, the demand for aluminum is estimated to be the largest in the coming years.
“Asia Oceania constitutes the largest automotive piston market.”
Asia Oceania is estimated to lead the global automotive piston industry as the region represents countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India, with the world’s highest vehicle production. The automobile industry is flourishing in this region, especially in South Asia. Additionally, Asia Oceania has created hubs for automobile manufacturers and automotive component suppliers. Increasing production of automobiles and the presence of key OEMs in this region such as Brilliance Auto, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC), Chery Automobile, Geely Automobile, Hawtai Motor Group, and Honda Motor Co., Ltd have broadened the scope for pistons in this region
The breakup of primary respondents
- By Company: Tier 1 - 70%, OEM - 20%, Tier 2-10%
- By Designation: Directors - 30%, C-Level Executives - 60%, Others - 10%
- By Region: Asia Pacific- 40%, Europe - 30%, North America - 30%
The automotive piston market is dominated by global players and comprises several regional players. The key players in the automotive piston industry are MAHLE GmbH (Germany), Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (Japan), Rheinmetall Automotive AG (Germany), Tenneco Inc. (US), and Art Metal Mfg. Co. Ltd. (Japan). The study includes an in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the automotive piston market with their company profiles, SWOT analysis of the top five companies, recent developments, and key market strategies.
The report covers the automotive piston market by component (Piston, Piston Ring, Piston Pin), Fuel (Diesel, Gasoline, and Alternate Fuel), Material (Steel, Aluminum), Vehicle (Passenger Car, LCV, HCV), Coating type (Dry Film Lubricants, Thermal Barriers, Oil Shedding), Shape (Flat-top, Bowl, and Dome), and Region (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and RoW).
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market with the information on the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall automotive piston market and the subsegments.
- This report will help stakeholders understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to better position their businesses and plan suitable go-to-market strategies.
- The report also helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.