Online Retail Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global online retail sector. Includes sector size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of sector growth trends and leading companies.
- The Online Retail market includes all sales within each category listed below, provided they take place over the internet, where the payment does not occur in-store on a later occasion. Data is included irrespective of whether the vendor is a pure-play internet company or the online offering of a bricks and mortar retailer.
- Apparel retail includes menswear, womenswear and childrenswear.
- Electrical & electronics retail includes communications equipment, computer hardware & software, consumer electronics, household appliances and photographic equipment.
- Food & grocery retail includes food, drinks, household products and tobacco.
- Footwear includes men’s, women’s and children’s footwear.
- Home & garden products includes gardening & outdoor living, home improvement and homewares.
- Any other retail market segments include only the sub-markets named.
- The "Other" segment is a sum of the following markets; Jewelry, Watches & Accessories; Toys & Games; Games Software and Sports Equipment.
- All currency conversions are calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- The global online retail sector generated total revenues of $1,191.9bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.8% between 2014 and 2018.
- The electrical & electronics retail segment was the sector’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $376.0bn, equivalent to 31.5% of the sector’s overall value.
- The rapid penetration of smartphones and mobile internet has been particularly evident in developing countries within the Asia-Pacific region. The digital literacy of these populations has improved, increasing everyday access to online retail platforms
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global online retail sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global online retail sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key online retail sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global online retail sector with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global online retail sector by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global online retail sector in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global online retail sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global online retail sector?