Therefore, this study focuses on evaluating the market potential of these chips in traditional communication end users such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, and network infrastructure equipment. The market witnessed early commercialization activities in 2019, kicking off with the aforementioned verticals. In the long term, however, 5G is expected to be adopted across a wide range of applications and use cases that 4G could not penetrate. The new opportunities include smart cities, automotive, retail, and industrial to mention a few. As concepts such as on-device processing gain significance, the demand for these chips is expected to grow significantly. However, market participants have to carefully evaluate requirements and prioritize investments to launch products at the right time. Hence, this study also focuses on identifying and evaluating requirements across a wide range of IoT-based use cases. The opportunities on each possible scenario are analyzed individually, along with recommendations for market participants to capitalize on the opportunity.
The market potential is evaluated through a combination of secondary and primary research. With the insights gained from expert interviews, trends and quantitative information are combined carefully with a bottom-up approach to evaluate the market potential. The base year of the study is 2019, and market growth is forecasted till 2025 on a global level.
Key Issues Addressed
- How will 5G impact the growth of memory, power, and AI semiconductor devices?
- What are the key end-user verticals generating revenue for these devices in 5G applications?
- When will 5G and semiconductor technological developments converge to provide value-added 5G services?
- What is the competitive landscape like in the memory, power, and AI semiconductor market?
- What are the new growth opportunities expected in the next 5 years that AI, memory, and power devices could capitalize on?