The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global membrane separation technology market size is expected to reach USD 43.4 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. Rising adoption of membrane separation technology applications in food and beverage processing industry is expected to positively influence the overall the market growth.
Technology advancements related to durability enhancement and reduction of fouling potential are expected to have a favorable impact on the widespread adoption of membrane separation technologies. In addition, manufacturers have developed membranes that can withstand high operating temperatures and harsh chemical environments, which is expected to benefit the market growth.
Stringent regulatory framework and environmental concerns are expected to play a critical role in shaping the industry in the near future. Government regulations and policies pertaining to the water treatment for industrial as well as domestic wastewater are anticipated to positively impact water filtration industry, thereby, driving the demand for membrane separation.
Key players in the market such as Merck KGgA; Toray Industries, Inc.; Pentair plc; Hydranautics; and Dupont De Nemours, Inc. own several trademarks and patents, which provide them a competitive edge in the market. In addition, the companies are continuously involved in enhancement of design and performance of their products in order to provide superior separation.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The ultrafiltration product segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.3% over the forecast period, as it is emerging as one of the economical and versatile solutions for fluid treatment across the globe
- The Europe market size was valued at USD 3.9 billion in 2019 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period on account of increasing penetration in the growing pharmaceutical sector
- In 2019, waste and wastewater treatment applications dominated the market with a share of more than 46%. Rising focus on recycling of municipal and industrial wastewater discharges is expected to drive the membrane separation technology market growth
- Asia Pacific market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 13.4% over the forecast period on account of rapid industrialization coupled with increasing regulations pertaining to maintaining environment quality
- In April 2019, AXEON Water Technologies announced its decision to appoint ADEKHA Ltd. as its authorized distributor and strategic partner in the Middle East and Africa. This appointment is expected to help AXEON expand its footprint in Nigeria and West Africa.