The global camel milk products market size is expected to reach USD 18.3 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing awareness about the health benefits of camel milk products is driving the market growth. They help in preventing numerous diseases such as diabetes, autism, shingles, and cancer. Additionally, it is easy to digest, thus making these products popular among lactose-intolerant consumers. Furthermore, camel milk is the most nutritive dairy drink, which comprises copper, sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, vitamin A and C, and manganese.
The plain milk segment led the market in 2019 with more than 40% of the total revenue share. This is a traditional drink of the Middle Eastern countries, where a large part of the population consumes raw or plain milk. However, manufacturers are introducing innovative products including powder, cheese, yogurt, butter, ice creams, chocolates, and infant formula considering the growing demand.
For instance, in June 2019, Summer Land Camels launched the first camel cheddar cheese in the world. It took one-year researching and refining as the milk is difficult to curdle owing to its less fat content. Similarly, in February 2019, Camelicious announced to launch a new line of ice creams in U.K. The product range will include five flavors: vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, pistachio, and hazelnut.
North America is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. Camel dairy is gaining popularity among consumers in U.S. and Canada. Furthermore, increasing number of diabetic and lactose-intolerant people has widened the opportunity for the manufacturers of the industry in the region.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In terms of distribution channel, offline sales led the camel milk products market, contributing for more than 80% of the global revenue
- North America is expected expand at the fastest CAGR of 7.6% from 2020 to 2027, owing to growing market demand for low-fat and nutritional drinks
- Middle East and Africa dominated the market in 2019, accounting for more than 60% share of the global revenue owing to high consumption of raw milk in the nations including Saudi Arabia, Somalia, and Ethiopia
- The fermented product segment is expected register a CAGR of 9.5% from 2020 to 2027
- Major players in the camel milk products market include Camelicious; Desert Farms, Inc.; The Camel Milk Co.; Summer Land Camels; VITAL CAMEL MILK LTD; Camel Dairy Farm Smits; Al Ain Farms; Tiviski pvt Ltd.; UK Camel Milk Ltd.; and Aadvik Foods.