This report begins with a discussion of general battery technology. The following categories of large and advanced batteries are discussed -
- First-generation large and advanced battery systems.
- Lead-acid batteries.
- Nickel-cadmium batteries.
Next-generation large and advanced battery systems.
- Nickel metal hydride batteries.
- Lithium-ion batteries.
- Lithium-polymer batteries.
Specialty large and advanced battery systems.
- Silver-zinc secondary batteries.
- Silver-cadmium secondary batteries.
- Nickel-hydrogen secondary batteries.
- Nickel-zinc batteries.
- Metal-air batteries.
Emerging large and advanced battery systems.
- Sodium-sulfur batteries.
- High-temperature lithium batteries.
- Redox and flow batteries.
- Nickel-iron batteries.
- Calcium-metal sulfide batteries.
- Sodium-metal chloride batteries.
- Lithium-sulfur batteries.
Next, the following markets are considered in this report -
- Motive power: passenger vehicles, other ground and marine transport, and aviation.
- Portable product power: personal electronics, hand tools and lawn care products, portable military/aerospace devices.
- Stationary power: uninterruptible power supplies, emergency lighting, battery electricity storage
- Emerging military and aerospace applications.
This report aims to define these market sectors, and will identify leading companies and analyze the markets (including a five-year market forecast). Finally, large-and advanced-battery companies are outlined in the Company Profiles chapter.
- 52 data tables and 21 additional tables
- An overview of the market for large and advanced battery technology, with discussion of first-generation, next-generation, specialty, and developmental systems
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018, 2019 with projection of CAGR during 2024
- Highlights of current and future market potential and a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, regulatory scenario, and drivers, challenges, and trends affecting market growth
- Definitions of various systems, such as first-generation (lead-acid, nickel-cadmium), next-generation (nickel-metal hydride, lithium-ion, lithium-polymer), specialty (silver-zinc secondary, silver-cadmium, nickel-hydrogen, nickel-zinc, metal-air), and developmental (sodium-sulfur, high-temperature lithium, redox and flow, nickel-iron, calcium-metal sulfide, sodium-metal chloride, lithium-sulfur)
- Evaluation of current market size, market forecast, and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including A123 Systems, Ambri, East Penn Manufacturing Co., General Motors, K2 Energy and Toshiba Corp.