The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Increasing average miles driven by vehicle and growing vehicle parc would drive the tires aftermarket”
The tires aftermarket, by value, is projected to grow to USD 113.1 billion by 2025 from USD 101.7 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 1.8%. The growth in automobile ownership per capita and the shifting demand of customers towards use of low rolling resistance tires and increase in average miles driven by the vehicle will boost the future growth of the tires market.
North America to be the largest market for retreading
The higher fleet of light commercial vehicles, as well as heavy commercial vehicle coupled with relatively higher average miles, is driving the demand of the retreading market. Additionally, the growing retreading facilities in this region is further projected to bolster the retreaded tires demand during the forecast period.
“Section width of >230 mm is the fastest-growing segment in the tires replacement market.”
Demand for low profile tires is increasing, and they have a more extensive section width than section height. More full section width gives increased vehicle stability, lighter weight, ability to handle increased payload weight, and improved fuel economy. In passenger cars segment, usually premium cars have section width >230 mm, for instance, in North America GM group Cadillac, FCA Dodge Challenger, Tata Range Rover Sport, BMW 5 series, Audi Q5 and other models have >230 mm section width tires. Premium cars are observed to be the segment with maximum tire replacement cycles. Around 85%-90% of heavy commercial vehicles have section width >230 mm.
Asia Pacific to be the largest market by volume for automotive tire aftermarket
Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the automotive tire aftermarket by volume during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the improving socio-economic conditions in emerging economies such as China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand. An increase in the number of vehicle production and an increase in tire production is huge in this region. Also, the average miles driven by the all vehicle types is more in countries such as China and India. The region is home to leading Tier-1 manufacturers and OEM such as Bridgestone Corporation (Japan), Kumho Tire Co. (South Korea), Toyo Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (Japan), The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd. (Japan), Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. (Japan), Hankook Tires (South Korea) have setup their manufacturing plants in the region. Thus, below factors are responsible for increase in the number in volume of tire aftermarket in the region.
The automotive tire market is dominated by global players and comprises several regional players as well. The key players in the Bridgestone Corporation (Japan), Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (United States), Continental AG (Germany), Michelin (France) and Sumitomo Rubber Industries (Japan).
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the blockchain in the telecom marketplace.
- By Companies: Tier 1 - 90%, Tier 2 - 10%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives - 20%, Manager level - 80%
- By Region: Asia Pacific- 35%, Europe - 30%, North America - 15%, Latin America – 10%, and MEA - 10%
The automotive tire market is dominated by global players and comprises several regional players. The key players in the automotive tire market are Bridgestone Corporation (Japan), Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (United States), Continental AG (Germany), Michelin (France), and Sumitomo Rubber Industries (Japan). The study includes an in-depth competitive analysis of these key players in the automotive tire market with their company profiles, SWOT analysis and MnM view of the top 5 companies, recent developments, and key market strategies of the top 10 companies.
The report provides a picture of tires market across different verticals and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of the tires OE by rim size, tire type and region, and aftermarket by rim size, aspect ratio, section width, season, tire retreading, and regions. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The study provides a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the automotive tire market, by OE market, in volume (units) and value (USD million), at the regional level.
- The study provides a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the automotive tire market, by Aftermarket, in volume (units) and value (USD million), at the regional level.
- The study provides a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the automotive tire market, by vehicle type, in volume (units), and value (USD million), at the regional level.
- The study includes the profiles of 10 key companies and an additional ten companies, which have a significant impact on the market, along with their financial structure, recent developments, and product portfolio.
- The report covers the competitive landscape that reflects the market ranking analysis of leading players, along with the dominant strategies adopted by these stakeholders to retain their position.