“The biological wastewater treatment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2020 and 2025.”
The biological wastewater treatment market size is estimated to be USD 8.7 billion in 2020 and projected to reach USD 11.1 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2020 to 2025. Stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or for reuse, aging infrastructure, water scarcity & reusability of wastewater, rapidly growing population, and industrialization are major drivers responsible for the growth of biological wastewater treatment market.
“The aerobic segment projected to lead the biological wastewater treatment market during the forecast period.”
Based on process, the biological wastewater treatment market is classified into aerobic and anaerobic. The aerobic segment is projected to account for a larger share of the market. This larger share can be attributed to its stability in effluent processing and low capital cost requirement for installation.
The anaerobic segment is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the low consumption of energy and low production of sludge after processing.
“The industrial segment is expected to lead the biological wastewater treatment market.”
Based on end-use industry, the market is segmented into municipal and industrial. The industrial segment includes pulp & paper, meat & poultry, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and others. Others include textile, dairy, breweries, oil & gas, and metal. The industrial segment accounted for a larger share, owing to the high biological oxygen demand (BOD) requirement in industrial wastewater treatment and stringent regulations regarding the disposal of industrial wastewater.
“North America is estimated to account for a major share of the market in 2020.”
Based on region, the biological wastewater treatment market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South Africa. North America accounted for the largest share in 2019, owing to the stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or reuse and the increasing water consumption from industries. The presence of major manufacturers such as Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (US), Aquatech International (US), and Xylem Inc. (US) and stringent regulations regarding the disposal of wastewater into the environment or for reuse are factors responsible for the growth of biological wastewater treatment market in North America.
Breakdown of primary interviews for the report on the biological wastewater treatment market
- By Company Type – Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 –45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation – C-Level – 20%, Director Level – 25% and Others – 55%
- By Region –Europe- 50%, North America – 20%, Asia Pacific– 15%, South America- 10%. The Middle East & Africa – 5%
The leading biological wastewater treatment equipment manufacturers profiled in this report are Veolia (France), and Suez Water Technologies & Solutions (France), Aquatech International (US), Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (US), Ecolab Inc. (US), Pentair plc (US), Xylem Inc. (US), Samco Technologies, Inc. (US), and Dryden Aqua Ltd. (India), and DAS Environmental Expert GmbH (Germany).
The report covers the biological wastewater treatment market based on process, end-use industry, and region. This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the biological wastewater treatment market across various segmentations. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their profiles and key growth strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
From an insight perspective, this report focuses on various levels of analyses, which include industry analysis (industry trends) and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the biological wastewater treatment market, high-growth regions, and drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the market.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on various processes (aerobic or anaerobic) in systems offered by top players operating in the biological wastewater treatment market.
- Product Development/Innovation: A detailed insight into upcoming technologies for the manufacture of biological wastewater treatment equipment, R&D activities, and new applications in various end-use industries in the market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative and emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for biological wastewater treatment across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the biological wastewater treatment market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the biological wastewater treatment market.