The lutein market is expected to grow to around USD 500 million in 2028, at a CAGR of about 5 percent from. One of the key drivers for the growth of Lutein market is Eye diseases in most of the population across the globe. European market is also the fastest growing economy, with an expected CAGR of about 5%- 7%. APAC market is the second largest market. The presence of leading lutein manufacturers and the increased requirements related to the use of synthetic ingredients set by the European countries, drive the region's demand for naturally sourced lutein.
Stressed and Hectic lifestyles, lack of a healthy diet, increased health problems like diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and strokes can boost the lutein market due to the consumption of nutritional supplements. Increased awareness of public health, consumer lifestyle along with increased awareness of lutein's health benefits are likely to drive the growth of the lutein market. The demand for aquafeed is rising, due to the growth in aquaculture. Lutein is essential to the determination of the fish's nutritional value, health, freshness, and taste. This pigmentation is one of the significant consistency characteristics of the marine animal which is significant for consumer acceptance.
High dosage of lutein can lead to a condition called skin yellowing or carotenemia. Carotenemia is usually found in adolescents. Kidney dysfunction is associated with hypercarotenemia, caused due to the decreased excretion of lutein and other carotenoids. Liver dysfunction is caused due to the damaged conversion of lutein to retinol. Hence, Lutein is legally not permitted as a nutrient in infant formula which reduces the industry's profit margin
Lutein is produced extensively from marigold flowers. The world trade in Marigold flowers is valued at more than USD 60 Million. China produces about three-fourths of the world's marigold crops, followed by India and Peru, respectively producing 20% and 5%. Big marigold importing countries are Europe, USA, and South-East Asia. Marigold flower is used because of its high content of lutein that is used in poultry feed, Food Colors & Neutraceuticals.
The report titled “Global Lutein Market Report” is segmented based on region, technology, industries, platform, and deployments. The regions are segmented as North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East, Latin America and Rest of the World. The country analysis chapter contains a detailed insight of around 20 countries.
The study period of the report titled “Global Lutein Market Report” is 2018-2028 and the forecast period is 2020 - 2028. The industries covered in this report include Healthcare, food industry, aquaculture and pigment market.
The report titled “Global Lutein Market Report Market and Technology Forecast to 2028” is segmented based on region, application, industries, component and connectivity:
- North America
- Middle East
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
- Powder & Crystalline
- Oil Suspension
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
- United Kingdom
- The report will help investment bankers and the financial institutions to understand
- the overall market trend and the key dynamics that govern this market.
- The report will help manufacturers to understand the key opportunity market and
- focus their efforts in those specific regions.
- The report will help the top management team to take strategic decisions on
- opportunity analysis or market entry strategies.
- The raw material suppliers to this market are expected to benefit from this report, the market forecast section would help them understand the market
- potential at the component level.
- The key companies from the top ten countries have been discussed in detail in the Country Analysis section.
- The high growth regions are explained in detailed in the Opportunity Analysis chapter; this could be used for long term strategy planning.
- Lutein Manufacturers: The report would help the Lutein manufacturers to understand the potential markets. This would help them focus on high growth markets.
- Lutein Raw Material Providers: The report would help the raw material providers to understand the key markets within the Global Lutein market.
- Regulators: The report would help the regulators to understand the Global trends in the Lutein Market and the expected challenges in this sector.
- Financial Institutions: The report would help individual investors or investment banks or other investment bodies to understand the Lutein market, which would in turn help them to take strategic decisions.
- Nutrition Stakeholders: The report would be of help with the key stakeholders in the nutrition market to understand the key trends and the overall market potential of this market.