The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Lignin is one of the most abundant organic polymers on earth, exceeded only by cellulose. Cellulose is separated from lignin to make paper and packaging materials, while lignin is much less desired and often burned for fuel. Some lignin is recovered in the form of lignosulfonates, which are used mainly as dispersants.
Lignosulfonates are anionic polymers obtained from the sulfite pulping process of lignosulfonates biomass. Low cost and eco-friendly nature of lignosulfonates have increased popularity of lignosulfonates in numerous applications. These are employed in applications such as agriculture, animal feed, concrete additives, dust control, metallurgy, oil & mining, gypsum board, chemical processing, and others.
The global lignosulfonates (sodium lignosulfonate, calcium lignosulfonate, magnesium lignosulfonate, ammonium lignosulfonate, others) market size was valued at $607.2 million in 2019 and is projected to reach $741.22 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 2.89% from 2020 to 2026. Growing potential for lignosulfonates in construction and animal feed industry is the chief contributor for the growth of the market. Rising demand for animal protein in developing countries, such as China, has increased the demand for feed products, which in turn is supporting the growth of the lignosulfonates market.
The lignosulfonates market is segmented on the basis of product, process, application, and region. The report offers a breakdown of market shares by product, including Sodium Lignosulfonate, Calcium Lignosulfonate, Magnesium Lignosulfonate, Ammonium Lignosulfonate, Others. Based on process, the market for lignosulfonates is segmented into Woodbased Lignosulfonates, Strawbased Lignosulfonates. By application, the lignosulfonates market is classified into Agriculture, Animal Feed, Concrete Additives, Dust Control, Metallurgy, Oil & Mining, Gypsum Board, Chemical Processing. On the basis of region, the lignosulfonates industry is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and MEA (the Middle East, and Africa).
- Sodium Lignosulfonate
- Calcium Lignosulfonate
- Magnesium Lignosulfonate
- Ammonium Lignosulfonate
- Woodbased Lignosulfonates
- Strawbased Lignosulfonates
- Animal Feed
- Concrete Additives
- Dust Control
- Oil & Mining
- Gypsum Board
- Chemical Processing
By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America. This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional & country level from 2020 to 2026.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, etc.)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, etc.)
- Middle East & Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Nigeria, UAE, Israel, South Africa, etc.)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, etc.)
The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the global lignosulfonates market. Some of the leading players profiled in the report include:
- Aditya Birla Group (Domsj? Fabriker)
- Borregaard LignoTech
- Burgo Group S.p.A.
- Hubei Aging Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Ingevity Corporation
- Jinzhou Jinri Paper Company Limited
- Karjala Pulp LLC
- Lenzing AG
- Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd.
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc.
- Sappi Ltd.
- Shenyang Xingzhenghe Chemical Co., Ltd.
- The Dallas Group Of America Inc.
- Tianjin Yeats Additive Co., Ltd.
- Vyborg Forestry Development Corporation (VFDC)
- Wuhan East China Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Xinyi Feihuang Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Yanbian Shixian Bailu Paper Making Co., Ltd.
*list is not exhaustive, request free sample to get a complete list of companies
The base year of the study is 2019, and forecasts run up to 2026.
- To analyze and forecast the market size of global lignosulfonates market.
- To classify and forecast global lignosulfonates market based on product, process, application, and region.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global lignosulfonates market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global lignosulfonates market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for global lignosulfonates market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global lignosulfonates market.
The report is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities. Key target audience are:
- Manufacturers of lignosulfonates
- Raw material suppliers
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to lignosulfonates