The rising consumption of consumer streaming will drive the expansion of the over-the-top (OTT) ecosystem. This has prompted innovation in the global set-top box (STB) market, and streaming STBs will increasingly replace traditional devices throughout the forecast period (2019-2024). Unit shipment is expected to increase from 242.9 million in 2019 to 291.3 million in 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%. To remain competitive and relevant in the market, vendors relentlessly add more features to their STBs. In addition to innovating with 4K and high dynamic range (HDR), the major vendors will integrate voice-activated personal assistants, such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, into future models.
Readers who can benefit from the content found in this research service include STB vendors in the cable, satellite, and OTT and DTT segments; smart TV vendors; and complementary vendors such as middleware vendors, device vendors, and anyone looking to venture into the STB market.
Some of the metrics this research service discusses are:
Market drivers and restraints
- Unit shipment and revenue forecast (by application – DTT, IPTV, Satellite, Cable; by region – NALA, APAC, EMEA)
- Competitive analysis, in terms of major participants (Technicolor, ARRIS, Huawei, Skyworth, ZTE) and market share
- Growth Opportunities and Mega Trends
The global STB market is segmented into North America and Latin America (NALA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the major drivers and restraints for market growth?
- What are the regional trends? How do vendors integrate them into their growth strategies?
- Do the existing products/services meet customers’ needs, or is additional development required?
- What are the critical success factors? Which companies fall behind in terms of addressing them? What do these vendors need to know to stay ahead of the growth curve?
- What are the key trends? How will they impact the market during the forecast period?