Edible oil market in India is projected to grow from around $ 21.5 billion in 2019 to $ 35.2 billion by 2025 due to increasing disposable income and rising consumer awareness about healthy lifestyle & wellness. Moreover, strong marketing activities by leading edible oil brands, changing tastes and preferences of consumers, expanding population, and shifting consumption pattern towards branded oils is leading to rising consumption of edible oils in the country.
Surging penetration of processed foods is expected to continue driving consumption of edible oils in the country. In 2019, Soya oil accounted for more than one-third of the market share in India edible oil market. The other leading oil types include Mustard oil, Palm oil and Sunflower oil. Olive oil segment continues to gain market traction in India, however, the product’s share stood at just around 1% in 2019.
West India dominated the country’s edible oil market in 2019, and the region is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. East and West regions also account for a significant market share, with the South region grabbing the smallest market pie. Some of the major players operating in India edible oil market include Adani Wilmar Limited (Fortune), Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd (Dhara), Cargill India (Nature Fresh, Gemini), Patanjali Ayurved Limited (Patanjali), Emami Agrotech Ltd. (Emami Healthy & Tasty and Himani Best Choice) and others.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2019
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2020–2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India edible oil products market
- To classify and forecast India edible oil products market based on type, by distribution channel and regional distribution
- To identify drivers and challenges for India edible oil products market
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India edible oil market
- To conduct pricing analysis for India edible oil market
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the India edible oil products market
Key Target Audience:
- Edible Oil products manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
- Edible Oil products end users
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Edible Oil products market
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as manufacturers and partners, end users, etc. besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India Edible Oil market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, By Type
o Mustard Oil
o Soya bean Oil
o Sunflower Oil
o Palm Oil
o Olive Oil
o Others (Sesame Oil, Coconut Oil, Linseed Oil, Cotton Seed Oil, Groundnut Oil, Castor Oil, Niger seed Oil etc.)
- Market, By Distribution Channel
o Modern Grocery Retail
o Traditional Grocery Retail
o Online Retail
o Direct/Institutional Sales
- Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India Edible Oil market.